Where do you buy your kids clothes from?

Discussion in 'General' started by brlowe, Feb 15, 2010.

1. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

TCP fits Abby the best...its funny because she's in a straight 4 for both pants and tops but if I buy her ON then the 24 mos is too short and the 3T falls off her skinny bum! Ian's in just about any size 4 at this point and is about to go to a 5 shirt probably for the summer...

I like the fact that Gap Kids and TCP has slim sizes online...

Target's Circo brand is so oddly sized that I stopped buying it...

2. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

They are not letting ppl register at the site! :( And alot of the forums are private so you have to be registered.

3. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We buy a lot at The Children's Place (I got a bunch of stuff a couple of weeks back on their monster sale), I also am in their perks program (for every $75 you spend, you get a $10 rewards coupon). We also do Kohl's, Gymboree sales, Target, Marshall's/TJ Maxx and BJ's .

If you are looking for consignment sales, March is a big month for the twins clubs around here to do their spring sale. (We do one in Sept and one in March).

4. missmomoftwins02

Our club does sales in May and September...but we have to work around the snow! :D

5. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

Walmart, Target, Gymboree (sales only), love H&M kids, kohls, old navy (sales)

6. sv2001302

sv2001302 Well-Known Member

i love gymboree, but only on sale. I also do kohls, target, crazy 8, old navy, etc... just depends on the sales at the time.

7. T.O. Twins

T.O. Twins Well-Known Member

I get a lot of stuff from Landsend online. They have lots of inexpensive, good quality stuff, and I can pretty much always find great deals in their overstocks section. They also have different promotions that they e-mail out pretty much daily and often have free shipping. I particularly like their yoga pants and their rashguard swim shirts.

8. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We don't let the snow stop us!! ;)

I have found good deals on the Lands End Overstocks for the kids.

9. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Probably the majority of their clothes come from Target, followed by Carters, Children's Place, Gap. With coupons and discounts and sales, it's not really that expensive. Gap frequently does 30% off events. We do a lot of outlet shopping - Children's Place, Gap, Gymboree, Carters. I love the styles at Gymboree, but I haven't been impressed by the quality lately. I adore Janie and Jack, but we buy very, very little there. Although if I were ever going to buy an article of clothing, leave the tags on and return it (I wouldn't!), it would be a little suit from Janie and Jack. For $150 though (just for jacket and pants), I could find a men's suit! We also do a little special occasion/nicer stuff at Crewcuts (the J.Crew kids' store) and Hanna Anderson. And I have recently discovered a love of Kohl's for play clothes. Their sweatshirts are so cushy.

10. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

And cute! In fact, all of my favorite playshirts are from Kohl's. I want them in my size.

11. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Very cute.

And I forgot H&M - it's hit or miss, but sometimes it's really a hit. And IMO they have the best fabrics - soft soft soft cotton - and for some reason the kids seem to take forever to grow out of stuff.

We are getting a Crazy 8 close to us, and I'm kind of excited to check it out. It's a cheaper version of Gymboree?

12. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

I get most of my kids clothes from Silly Munchkins, our local consignment shop. They only sell name brands like Old Navy, Gap, Gymboree, Carter's etc and the clothes have to look new. I got Blake tons of adorable outfits from there and paid no more than $5 per outfit. They don't always have my girls sizes and I live on an island in S.E. Alaska so we are pretty limited as far as shopping goes. I tend to go with whatever store is reasonable not only on the price of the clothes but also the shipping. Usually that ends up being Old Navy, Kohls, Crazy 8, Aeropostale, and sometimes Gap if they are having a really good sale. I always do a search for promo codes whenever I am purchasing anything online and it has saved me a lot of money.

13. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Gap. I live there and always have. I probably always will. They know me by name. It's a sickness.

14. jromkey

jromkey Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this because I didn't scroll through all of the replies but we get a lot of the girls' clothing from Costco (Pekkle brand) - they are great quality and darn cheap. I also buy gently used clothing from twin/kid consignment sales and shops. A friend of ours gave us two adorable outfits from Gymboree but I couldn't stomach actually buying stuff from there myself.

I also don't have a lot of "real" clothing for them yet - they live in their sleepers and I have no problem with that. Putting them in pants, socks, shoes, sweaters, etc. just seems silly and makes diaper changes more troublesome.

15. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

For my boys I buy pretty much everything from TCP outlet (we have one very close to the house and things are SUPER cheap there). For McKenna I buy most from Gymboree outlet (again...very close). For my oldest she loves Justice and Abercrombie. I have found a great consignment shop right near my house that only sells name brand clothing that has good deals. I buy from Target/JCPenney for undies and socks.

16. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

Clearance rack at Kohl's one season ahead of time!! I will buy target if I'm desperate. I hate walmart stuff though...it fades and wears out too quickly.

17. missmomoftwins02

I just have to brag a bit and add that I :wub: Kid-to-Kid (our local consignment store)!! I went yesterday and bought Megan 6 pairs of pajamas (5 are fleece zip-up and the other is a 2-pc Pooh with pink roses), a pair of jeans, a fleece sweatshirt, and a pack of hair ties for $23!! :banana: And one of the pairs of fleece pajamas was BRAND NEW with tags Carters!!!

I also got her 4 pairs of zip-up fleece pajamas at DI (thrift store) for $9!! So I am thinking between those and the 4 pairs she already had, she is good on PJ's for a while! :D

I have a sickness...I am a shopaholic! :blush: I really should find a meeting for that...then maybe I could catch a sale on the way home! :pardon:

18. Babytimes2

Babytimes2 Well-Known Member

The Children's Place, Old Navy, Gap, Dillard's, Osh Kosh and Carter's. I bought a lot from Gymboree when they were smaller and wore different sizes, but now that they wear the same size, I can't. Our Gymbo only stocks one shirt per size and it peeves me off.

19. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I was at Costco the other day and they had Hanna Andersson dresses, for $13-14 or so. That's the first time I've seen them there.

20. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I'll meet you at the store after our shopaholic anonymous meeting :wavey: ! I was just sitting here thing of which stores I need to hit today.........

Costco is now on my list! :D
    if my dh wasn't such a good guy, he would build a cage for me!

21. blessed momma

blessed momma Well-Known Member

I love Gap and Old Navy clothes for my kids. They seem to fit them so well and last long! I also shop at Please Mum (a Canadian store that has very good quality clothing). Ebay is another favorite of mine! I look for deals on the brand names - I've bought alot of Tommy Hilfiger on ebay! With 5 kids (and now a grandson) to buy for, I shop the clearance racks at all these stores, plus if I need something badly I'll go to Walmart or Sears or Zellers. I just know that those clothes don't last as long. Oh, Roots is good also! My son goes through the knees of his pants SO quickly and a friend told me her son's Roots pants lasted a long time. So, I bought Josh 2 pairs of Roots pants on Dec. 31st and they're still going strong! For a long time I was buying his pants at Walmart with the kidurable thing that you can get a free pair if your child wears them out before they outgrew them. Man, did we trade in alot of pants!!! Worked so well for us, but they no longer have kidurable pants at Walmart here. A pp mentioned that sears also does the kidurable warranty and we've bought from there before but the customer service in our local sears was so rude. They wouldn't exchange my son's pants when he blew a knee out, saying that kidurable doesn't count on the knees of boys pants. We pushed the issue as nowhere does it say that. We finally did get a free pair, but I haven't bought anymore clothes from Sears for my son since then. Just not satisfied with their customer service.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a rant. I LOVE shopping for kids clothes though and could spend almost all my money doing so! It's a passion of mine! :blush:

22. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Just thought of another place where I buy quite a bit of their clothing...Costco. Great deals! I buy clothes for me there too.

23. mes_00

mes_00 Well-Known Member

Thrift shops, hand me downs, consignments, Craigslist, and yard sales. My parents are consignment and yard sale crazy. They head to the Kansas City metro area and usually find clothes new with tags at sales for a buck or two.

I absolutely refuse to buy anything new if I can keep from it. My boys are only 6months, but are growing so fast I can't see spending the money. Hopefully sometime they might plateau!
    Smartest thing I did was buy 2T and 3T cloths in December since Jacks already into them.

If we do buy new it's Walmart, JC Pennies, or Sears. Usually it's Carters brand clothes and clearance/sale racks.

24. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Mostly consignment, ebay, sales too (especially outlet sales). It's easier to buy ahead now too. I typically refuse to pay more than $5 for a shirt, $8 for pants, and $10 for dresses.

25. Sandsam

Sandsam Well-Known Member

I am a clothes junkie with 3 girls :banana:

My 11 yr old prefers Hollister, American Eagle, Aeropostale and Abercrombie. She likes my hand-me-downs too. I think anything from an 'adult' store makes her happy. She doesn't get alot of items from the pricier stores, and won't wear Gap or Justice anymore.

My 5 yr olds love Justice. I find a few things at Children's Place and Gymboree they like too. I personally love Gap, but they don't. My girls are stocky so they are difficult to fit into pants and 'fitted' shirts.

Occasionally I find items at Target and Kohls. I find Old Navy quality has declined in recent years so I don't go there anymore.

I am a HUGE sale shopper. I don't buy for future years (burned too many times) but I watch for the discounts. I prefer quality to quantity, I guess. And I resell everything at consignment.

26. twinbears

twinbears Well-Known Member

Gap kids, I just started going on to american eagle they have a kids section, ambercrombie, justice and sometimes old navy, I was protersting them for a while. :laughing: