Where does your family like to shop

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by coconutdancing, May 28, 2007.

1. coconutdancing

coconutdancing Well-Known Member

Just thought this might be an interesting topic.

I find it easiest to go to places that just carry a lot of different stuff so we can get what "all" we need from one store.

My fav. places are:
    *Walmart, primarily for Disney stuff and toys and I can pick up some much needed milk and other food items we run out of quickly at the same time.
    *Ikea, furniture house hold items great prices tons of stuff they also have a cafeteria (store is so! kid friendly) *Lowe's or Home Depot, (depends which way we are going) home repair
    *Costco, everything and anything mostly diapers & wipes but we also get food cleaning suplies toys/books and some funiture (my faviorit thing is there return policy you don't have to worry about your recipt and no time limit to return except on electronics)
    *Old Navy, clothes for the entire family all in one place and they hold up well

2. TwinMom205

TwinMom205 Well-Known Member

We hit Sam's Club and Dominicks every weekend, and Whole Foods every other week. I love Super Target too because I can get a lot of groceries and personal items all in one spot. As for clothes.... I'm a Gap girl, dh is mostly Old Navy, and the twins are anything on clearance (mostly Target, the Children's Place, and some Gap & Old Navy pjs).

3. Dragonfly76

Dragonfly76 Well-Known Member

IKEA for the furniture
    Whole Foods, Trader Joe's and all kinds of ethnic (asian, turkish, russian etc.) stores for the food
    Sam's Club & BJ's for all kinds of stuff like paper towels, tissues etc
    drugstore.com, vitacost.com, vitaminshoppe.com for the organic and all natural personal care products like hair-care, baby washes and shampoos, toothpaste, air fresheners etc.
    whatgreatskin.com for my beloved for past 6 years Dermalogica skincare
    amazon.com for the diapers, books, CDs, gifts, toys etc.
    Children's Place, Target, WalMart for the children's clothes

4. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Target, Kohl's, Mervyn's, IKEA, Home Depot, Costco

Mervyn's is not national, but we love their clothes for kids. I went last Wednesday and bought clothes for Hannah (2 pants, 2 shorts, 4 shirts) and Ben (5 shirts, 2 shorts) and only spent $75.

5. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

For food we love Costco.

For clothes we do alot of Gap and some Old Navy.

We have lots of furniture from IKEA, we love it because it is fairly kid resistant and it's not too expensive so if the kids destroy in a few years we won't be too upset.

I also love Target and I do a fair amount of online shopping especially for kid gear.

6. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I do like mervyn's but as meantioned they aren't nation wide. We buy alot of the girls stuff at Kohl's, Target, Walmart and JCPenney's. My rule if I'm buying something is no more than $10 for a shirt, skirt or pants and no more than $20 for a set or dress unless its for a special occasion. I wish we had an IKEA, they sound so cool. We have bought several items at Big Lots here lately(disney kids chairs for $35, picture frames, cleaning stuff).

7. annabell

annabell Well-Known Member

For food it's the local health food store for all our organic veggies, dairy, and meats. Then off to a major shopping store for drugstore products, formula, and dog food.
    Clothes were mostly hand-me-downs from cousins, but Old Navy is our favorite. Great sales!

8. Sara26

Sara26 Well-Known Member

I love Super Target for almost everything. I get all my groceries there, lots of clothes for the girls and some for dh and myself. I also shop at Old Navy and The Children's Place for the girls, and every few months we get out to an outlet mall not to far from us that has a Carter's and Baby Gap. I don't buy clothes very often, but when I do I always look at Gap first, especially for jeans. Dh gets most of his work clothes at Kohl's. We buy diapers and some food and some other supplies at Sam's Club, but I only get there about once a month.

9. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Safeway for groceries because it's close and they have everything we need on a daily basis. I occasionally go to Whole Foods for something like ground meat, but our Safeway has a good organic selection too. But I'd give my right arm for a Trader Joe's!

Costco for things we buy in bulk (diapers, waffles...) and for things we couldn't afford at Safeway (leg of lamb and imported Irish cheddar!).

Target for most household stuff and toiletries.

I wish we had a discount department store (like Kohl's or something) near us -- I find Target's selection of toddler clothes very limited, but everything else is in the suburbs (we live in town), and it doesn't seem worth driving.

I almost never buy clothes for the girls because we get so many hand-me-downs, but when I do, I go to the local consignment store. I can't stand to pay $30 retail for something they'll wear for a season if I'm lucky! And we live in an affluent area, so the consignment shop is very well stocked.

For myself, I usually go to Ross. I hate shopping and hate it even more if I feel like I'm paying a lot.

10. twinsmama11305

twinsmama11305 Active Member

I shop all over!

But I have to say that Babies R Us is my favorite place to shop for the twins' clothes. They have great styles on clothes and shoes, and the prices are wonderful. I can spend around $300 there per season, and get a full wardrobe for the girls! I don't know what I'm going to do when they grow out of the store!!! They have a "Mother's Room" near the bathroom with two changing tables and a couch in it - which always comes in handy. The only thing I don't like is that they don't have accomidations for doubles in their carts; so you have to travel with help and get two carts, or bring your stroller into the store.

For fancier clothing I sometimes shop at botiques online, or Macy's, Bon-Ton, and even Kohl's.

Groceries I go to Shoprite.

And Target is fun too! I can get lost in there for hours...haha!!