Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Beth*J, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Hey! Where are all my fellow bedrest mommies? I really thought the bedrest forum would be more active. You must all have more stuff to do to keep yourselves occupied than I do.

2. ferfischer

ferfischer Well-Known Member

I'm still here - going strong at week 16 of bedrest, i think!

I'm still working from home, but truthfully, I'm not working much! I probably should be doing more to prepare for these babies, but I'm just SOOO tired. It's all I can do to watch Maury on tv. sad, i know!

i figure i might as well nap while i can!

jenny

3. sbailey

sbailey Well-Known Member

I am new to bedrest and bored out of my mind. Any suggestions for what to do to pass the time....I am only 25 wks. :eek: I am on bedrest due to contractions and shortening.

Shannon

4. TamSam

TamSam Well-Known Member

I definitely feel the same way. I'm on my first week of bedrest and am already going batty. :)

5. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

Week 19 of Bed Rest for me...I am on it forever...or until these guys decide to come.....hoping for another 10-12 weeks~!

Take care,

Missy
    :rolleyes:

6. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Well, here's how I've been passing my time. I just subscribed to NetFlix. There's a DVD from there called In the Womb: Multiples that looks interesting. I got the movie Knocked Up and Holes (children's book I read) in the mail today. I also (obviously) spend a lot of time on this forum and Ovusoft. I'm working on my two baby registries online (Babies R Us and Walmart). I've been reading reviews on baby products...very sad to see the video monitor I thought looked great is getting bad reviews. :( I've watched the Food Network a lot. Wrote a bunch of thank you notes for food, etc. that people from work have been sending. Thinking about setting up a blog or baby website. My mom is bringing me knitting stuff next week. I've never done that before, but I figure I'll try. Today is two weeks and one day that I've been on bedrest due to contractions and shortening cervix. It's not fun, but I can't say that I'm going completely crazy yet. Missy wins the award for staying sane, I think.

Let's just keep in touch. That will help some. I really was surprised there isn't more activity in this section of the forum.

7. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I've been on hospital bedrest now for almost 8 weeks. (Monday it will be 8 weeks.) I'm in for a short cervix and an emergency cerclage I had put in the day I was admitted. I still can't believe I've been in the hosptial this long! I spend most of my day watching TV and browsing the internet. I did have a baby shower and am now also working on thank you notes. I did watch a lot of movies and TV series on DVD at first, but am burned out on it for now.
    I'm lucky in that I have some awesome nurses and they'll come in and we'll chat for a long time.

We should keep this board more active!

8. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

You can also check out the rest of TS! There are games and a TV, Movies and Music forum, the Parents Club and Book Club. Cooking, Scrapping.... etc. etc.!!

Hope you do well on your bedrest!!! :hug99:

9. ferfischer

ferfischer Well-Known Member

I've also spent some time picking out birth announcements and holiday cards - you can get them to send the envelopes early so you can address them in advance!

jenny

10. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

New thought: I might look into creating a baby blog or website. It might be a way that I can keep family and friends updated as well as be something nice to put in the babies' memory books later. I can scan and upload all our ultrasound pics, etc. Also gives me something to do with my time.

11. sbailey

[Okay, I ended up in L&D over the weekend due to contractions. When we got there, everything stopped. When they checked my cervix they said I was open "finger tip" but then said that was normal? This is my second PG and they said you never close back up? Does this make sense to anyone?

Shannon

I go to the doctor today and I am going to ask about this. I hope everyone is resting!

12. sbailey

[Okay, I feel better now. I went to the doctor yesterday and he put me on Nifedipine. Has anyone taken this? It is supposed to help stop the contractions. So, we will see.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Shannon

OH, question. How do you get the pictures on your postings ie-the countdown to the due date?

Thanks!

13. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Shannon~ I was on Nifedepine in the hospital. I'm on Indocin now (but I don't think you can be on that a little further along). I always feel better after seeing the dr. too. I have an appointment to check my cervix tomorrow and I think I'll feel a lot better after that.

Go to tickerfactory.com or click on someone's ticker you like and it will take you to the site to make them. Then you copy and paste the URL you get after you make it into you signature file. Go look at the sites. If you still can't figure it out, let me know and I'll try to help more.

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Thinking of you ladies!! I know bedrest is not easy! :love0028:

15. sbailey

Thanks so much ladies!!!! I love this site. It is very encouraging.

Shannon

16. sbailey

17. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Shannon~ Use the one that starts with url.

18. summerfun

QUOTE(Expecting mommy of twins @ Oct 25 2007, 09:43 AM) [snapback]466611[/snapback]
    I am going to see if my ticker shows up.

Shannon
    http://lilypie.com/baby_display.php

[okay, it didn't. Still trying.
    Shannon

Shannon, you have to create the ticker and then copy the BBC code and put it in your signature. Let me know if you need more help with it.

19. sbailey

[​IMG]

I hope this works. If it does, I have Beth to thank!!!!!!!

Shannon

QUOTE(Expecting mommy of twins @ Oct 25 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]466638[/snapback]
    [​IMG]

Shannon

Yeah!!! Thanks Beth!

20. summerfun

QUOTE(Expecting mommy of twins @ Oct 25 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]466638[/snapback]
    [​IMG]

Shannon
    Yeah!!! Thanks Beth!

Shannon-you need to copy and paste it into your signature under my controls. Let me know if you need help doing that.

21. sbailey

Thanks Amy!!!! :)

Shannon

22. summerfun

QUOTE(Expecting mommy of twins @ Oct 26 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]468201[/snapback]
    Thanks Amy!!!! :)

Shannon

Looks great! :good: