Where to buy regular cups for kids?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Fran27, May 10, 2011.

1. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

We're using the Munchkin (I think) BPA free plastic cups right now... I'd like something a little heavier that isn't so easy to spill, but still unbreakable... Where can I find some?

I've tried Target and Bed Bath and Beyond and couldn't find anything except huge ones (which they can use, I just don't want to store them).

2. lemongrrl53

lemongrrl53 Well-Known Member

I have always been able to find them at Target- over by the "adult" dishes there is always a shelf with plastic/kid size plates, cups, utensils.

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I couldn't find anything... they only had one isle with dishes/silverware. I guess I'll have to look at another one...

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I got my plastic cups at Target too.

5. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

I got my little tumblers from Tupperware. I think they are 4oz cups and come with little lids.

6. frickandfrack

frickandfrack Well-Known Member

7. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

We got some great one from Ikea.

8. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

Got ours from Ikea, too. Love them. And their plates, too.

9. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

yep, IKEA small 6 or 8oz glasses. I picked the ones that are the thickest and the ones that said they could hold hot liquids, hoping that they are even thicker and maybe if they do break, they should break into small pieces, not long sharp bits? tempered?

10. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I didn't see anything at Ikea last week end! Where were they? I don't want plastic stuff, I don't trust them to be BPA free.

11. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

just in with all the other glasses and kitchen ware. the glasses are separate from the plates. most of the glasses were the pretty ones with painted designs, these are like octogon shaped or something. maybe large shot glasses?? I don't know i don't drink... this is what I got... kinda ugly compared to the other cool looking ones.. but I got them b/c of the "hot liquids" part.. ikea glasses they are only 5 oz, but nice and small enough for small hands and don't get too heavy etc.

12. pgmummy

pgmummy Well-Known Member

We are using plastic (BPA free) glasses that we found at the grocery store. They aren't exactly what I wanted, but I couldn't really find anything else that was small enough for them.

13. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

We have some great ones from Ikea too.

We also have a few Tervis tumblers in the smallest size they have. (10oz I think.) They are great and love using the bigger versions for myself.

14. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

IKEA for us as well. Or they just use small OJ glasses.

15. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

IKEA for our preschoolers :)