Where to have 8yo B/G Bday party?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by blessedby2, Jan 13, 2013.

1. blessedby2

blessedby2 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for ideas on where to have my twins birthday party. We are hoping to combine parties and have them together. We have yet to have separate parties, and they don't show any interest in starting now. My kids have shown interest in a local laser tag place, but I'm wondering if all of my DD's friends would like it. I know she would, but she is not a "princess" kind of girl. We have been to many other parties in the area, and I would like to find something different for the kids to do. Any ideas? Thanks!! By the way, we are looking at inviting 10-20 kids.

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Cruise ship and ditch the other kids. We are having the twins party at sea. I absolutely hate how 90% of parents treat the birthday parties they take the kids to. Last year when they turned 7 we did the great wolf lodge. If you haven't done bowling. Then that's always good. My girls would love to go play laser tag but they are well rounded

3. tarcoulis

tarcoulis Well-Known Member

My girls are turning 8 in a couple of weeks and they are having a party at the ranch where they take riding lessons. The kids will groom and tack up the horses then be led (non-riders) around the same obstacle course they use for rodeo. We won't be serving a full meal, just drinks, snacks and cake. I'm trying to think of a few acitivities while they wait their turn on the course.

I love the idea of ditching the guests and going somewhere special as a family instead. Will do that next year.

4. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

We did trampoline place last time They have also been to laser tag and loved it

5. Sue1968

Sue1968 Well-Known Member

Bowling works well for everyone.

6. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I don't think my DDs would like laser tag, for what it's worth. They are kind of girly but they also like athletic stuff -- in their case it's the competitive/aggressive aspect of laser tag that would freak them out.

We had their 7th b'day party at a gymnastics place -- admittedly it was mostly girls, but there were a couple of boys and they liked it too. Bowling would also be good, or is there anywhere near you that has something like a ropes course or zip line?

I can see the appeal of having a family vacation instead, but my kids would mutiny. They LOVE having a "friends" party.

7. blessedby2

blessedby2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your responses.

We did a family outing last year - hotel stay, dinner out and a kids movie of their choice. It was fun. I was hoping to do a kids party this year since they didn't have one last year. We checked out a mini golf place that we were thinking of this past weekend and it didn't "wow" us. Nothing has. :( So, we decided not to have one this year for their friends, but will have one for the family. We have planned a nice family vacation after their bday, so we will tie that in to the celebration as well.

Thanks again!