Where's my sexdrive?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by IVFmommy2b, Nov 25, 2006.

1. IVFmommy2b

IVFmommy2b Well-Known Member

It appears I have lost my sex drive all together. In the beginning of my pregnancy I had ovarian hyperstimulation from my IVF, and wasn't allowed to have sex...so after the first trimester when we tried. It really was uncomfortable and almost painful. We have only done it 3 times since...and it's all for my DH. Will my sex drive ever come back???

2. IVFmommy2b

It appears I have lost my sex drive all together. In the beginning of my pregnancy I had ovarian hyperstimulation from my IVF, and wasn't allowed to have sex...so after the first trimester when we tried. It really was uncomfortable and almost painful. We have only done it 3 times since...and it's all for my DH. Will my sex drive ever come back???

3. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

It will, i know with my first pregnancy the thought was almost too much until about 18 weeks and it definately picked back up.

4. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

I don't know... but someone stole mine too!! lol

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Mine's back - now that I am SO big it's almost impossible and
    my husband is not as willing!!!!

6. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

Mine was COMPLETELY gone entire last pregnancy and this one. Once I recovered from my c-section it returned, hopefully it will this time as well. Some women just don't get that pregnant 'sensual surge' you hear about. When I'm not pregnant I'm a h*rndog (sorry, TMI) so this was all pretty surprising to me [​IMG] Blame it on the hormones!

7. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

At 16 wks., I had no drive to do anything except lay on the couch! You are still gaining your strength and energy back from your first trimester, so be patient. I didn't start feeling truely myself again until wk 17. My sex drive has returned. If you enjoyed a normal/healthy sex drive before you became pregnant, I bet yours will return too. After the babies come, that's a whole different ball game!!! [​IMG]

8. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

Sex? What is that? My husband is so terrifed of my hugeness - I swear he runs away from me. Plus, I have been so worried and sick thoughout this pregnancy, I haven't had a chance to think about my sex drive! I have GOT to stop reading everything on the internet (a little info is good, but I think I have become obsessed!)

But don't worry - it does come back, although not right away (at least for me)

9. TJCache

TJCache Member

What's sex? I've had zero desire at all since getting preggo. I took a few for the team when I was smaller, but I was so misserable DH said "no more." That was a huge relief.

Here's to hoping it comes back after babies [​IMG]

TJ
    EDD 20 FEB

10. IVFmommy2b

i don't know the sex yet as i'm only 15 weeks. do you think that makes a difference?

11. HelenClyde

HelenClyde Well-Known Member

Well, the middle of my pregnancies always were quite fine :)

Then I became too big for anything, and after the children were born, it hurt too much the first weeks, and then we often were simply too tired both - especially our first daughter was a little wild thing and didn´t give us any rest, she seemed to have a sensor for her parents intimacy and started crying whenever we tried.

And I did long term breastfeeding, and realized that my breasts couldn´t be there for my children and my husband at the same time, so it seems I´ve lost any sexual feeling at that point of my body.

Still, I remember everything came back when the children grew older, and then my body belonged more to myself than to the kids again.

I could enjoy both :)