Where's the REAL pile?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by SweetpeaG, Jul 23, 2007.

1. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd share how my boys kept me busy yesterday evening. Keep in mind this ALL happened in a 15-minute timeframe before bed:

*Joe poops right after diner...it's a doozy and requires an IMMEDIATE bath so it won't leak on the floor!
    *Clean up Joe, bathe boys, dry them off, brush their teeth, comb their hair (our nightly routine).
    *Grab diapers & PJs. Pin Joe down on the floor to wrestle him into his diaper/PJs. Before I finish I look toward the hall and am MORTIFIED to see two "poop drops" on the carpet. Agggggg - I can't believe he DID leak even though we went straight to the tub!
    *Nick prance-marches into the room and I get panicy b/c I haven't made it to the poop drops (still trying to diaper wiggly Joe) and don't want Nick to touch them. Nick prances by me and I see he has poop dangling from his butt!!!!!
    *[SLOW MOTION:] "Oh, God Nooooooo!" I realize the poop drops were Nick's handiwork (he's still naked b/c there is only one of me and I can only diaper one kid at a time).
    *I jump up, grab a wipe and sprint over to swipe Nick's backside before he 'paints' more of the house. Then I snag the poop drops off the hallway.
    *Look at Nick (still no diaper) but can't attend to him b/c there's a REAL PILE out there somewhere! I start running through the house looking everywhere trying to sniff out (pun intended) the problem.
    *I found 3 piles sitting in the middle of our closet. YUK! :icon_eek: It was a substantial find, so I was confident I had tracked down the "real pile" and closed the closet door to keep them out while I went back to wrestle Nick into a diaper.
    *Enter DH, who thinks it's sooo hilarious he calls his mother to brag about it! :laughing: So I'm on my hands and knees scrubbing away in the hall and I hear from the back bedroom, "Help! He's TOUCHING IT!"
    *I run into Joe's room and in Nick's favorite hiding place there are TWO MORE nuggets! He had bent over to pick them up just as DH walked into the room. (DH is STILL on the phone with MIL)
    *I grab Nick by the arm tell DH to get Joe out of the room, close the door and take Nick into the bathroom for a good scrubbing.
    *Before I can finish cleaning DH says, "Look what Joe's running around with"...he has figured out how to UN-child proof my ingenious tension-rod bookshelves! (Arg!). Oh, that's just a fluke...he hasn't figured that out...and i put it back and he pulled it out again, and again, and again! Ugh! Well, too bad...I can't tend to this, I've got poop to scrub!
    *So I leave DH to watch the boys (still on the phone :rolleyes: ) and close the door behind myself to properly clean up the funk of a thousand butts from our carpet.
    *When I come out DH is still on the phone and Joe is sitting in the living room with my "pile to file" sitting next to him shredding, tearing, eating, and mangling all my important paperwork!

What a night! I do find it funny; but I just don't know how I'm going to keep up with them...it seems to be a losing battle!

2. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

OK, first of all, I'm sorry! And second of all, I laughed until I cried!

3. Angelasbabes

Angelasbabes Well-Known Member

LMAO! I'm sorry, but I know you see the humor as well!

I'm so glad I only have one that does that. Although he's past 3. Hopefully, they'll never figure out how to scrub the windows with it!

4. crazybabies

crazybabies Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the laugh. I guess it's so true "better to laugh than cry!!"

5. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Her Royal Jennyness @ Jul 23 2007, 11:32 PM) [snapback]341959[/snapback]
    OK, first of all, I'm sorry! And second of all, I laughed until I cried!

LOL, same here!

6. Gabe+2more

Gabe+2more Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: You are very descriptive!

I hope you don't have any repeat experiences!

7. All Boys

All Boys Well-Known Member

Oh man... sounds like some of my moments. Things really do fall apart quickly don't they?? :wacko: Last Saturday I had a big wet poop pile hit the carpet... as I was running my A** off to get towels and carpet cleaner I look back over my shoulder to make sure nobody is touching and Zach is not moving his *muddy* butt... just in time to see Josh climb up onto the coffee table and knock a full glass of milk off (also onto the CARPET). I screamed and the boys all fled, except Gregory who got startled and fell off the couch backwards into the tile floor... :vava: Hope mine makes you feel a little better. I am so sorry you had a bad one...

8. rachel123

rachel123 Well-Known Member

:rofl: We all have our poop kid mine is DD a couple of weeks ago she took shorts and diaper of when I put her down for nap and pooped the bed it was all over including her hair yuck the week before the 3 kids were in the living room gated and I was putting cloths away DD 5 call mom Laney Pooped then 5 mins later MOM she took her diaper off and is playing in it so I rush in and the twins the floor and some toys are covered. I am so over the playing in the poop stadge.

9. steph-andy

steph-andy Well-Known Member

Missin' your PM's...and now I know why! :lol: Glad you found the humor in it! Just another of the many cherished memories. Won't they love hearing that story when they are fifteen...in front of their girlfriends! I'm just so glad that girls don't do things like that! :p Stephanie

10. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Glad you all enjoyed it. These are actually the moments that stand out most to me. Frantic, crazy, but altogether hilarious!

A poop-escapade is bound to happen to everyone eventually. I'm grateful I don't have kids who take off their diaper and play with it. I was recently bragging to my sister that we had yet to have a poop-in-the-tub at 16 months old (her 15 mo poops in the tub all the time). I guess I jinxed myself, because this was WAY nastier than a cute, little tub-contained poop!

Hope your kiddos are all keeping you similarly "entertained"! :)