Which Baby Products for Twins are Best to buy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Mommy2BofTwins, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Mommy2BofTwins

Mommy2BofTwins Well-Known Member

Hi Girls,

How is everyone doing??? Since i am on bedrest and can't trust my DH's shopping (he has never even done groceries) for the twins. I was wondering if you guys can tell me what do i need in the beginning for the twins, i know i am starting lil early but i would like to start looking for stuff for the twins:) Which stroller to buy or should i just get the stroller frame for the car seats, Which is better car seat so on and so forth there are so many strollers out there but so many of you with experience can give me better ideas b..... and anything else please let me know

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Hi! :wavey:
    Things I could not live without were/are....
    Boppy Newborn Loungers (Still use them daily!!)
    The Happiest Baby on the Block (This was a life saver for us!!)
    Pacifiers (I bought a couple different kinds in case they didn't like them)
    Swaddlers
    Bouncers
    Bath Tub
    Formula Mixer
    Dr. Browns Bottles
    Bottle Drying Rack
    Graco Snug Ride I orinally bought the Duoglider, and it was great when my girls were still in their carriers but now that they are a little bigger I definitely prefer the Combi Twin Saavy. Its so much lighter and my girls LOVE it!!
    Combi Twin Saavy Stroller

Thats all I can think of right now... Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy!

3. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Kyrstyn did a great job listing a lot!

The only thing I'd add would be:

Swings (the only thing my two slept in the first few months)
    Zipper Sleepers (they are easier to me than dealing with snaps when you're tired!)
    Cloth diapers for burp rags and messy eaters

And I agree with Kyrstyn that I had the Duo Glider and at first it was fine, but now I have the Combi and love it so much more. I may suggest getting the Snap-n-Go until you figure out which would better meet your needs in the long run. (That's what I wish I'd done anyway!)

Good luck!

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

The double snap 'n go is AWESOME!! A cinch to open, then you pop the car seats right on the frame and go. We used ours for about the first 6/7 months.

Not sure if you are breast or bottle feeding, but we used the Little Wonders Bottle Bundles, to prop their bottles. What a lifesver those were!

5. stephie1996

stephie1996 Well-Known Member

I bought the DuoGlide double stroller and lord have mercy it is H E A V Y. So I did end up getting two single strollers as well. We use the double when I am with my hubby since he can lift it and the singles when I am with my mom or sister and we are out and about.

6. Doubleornuthin

Doubleornuthin Active Member

I DEFFINATELY COULD NOT LIVE WITH OUT THE SWINGS. IF YOU NEED TO SAVE MONEY, GO TO A USED BABY STORE, YOU CAN GET GREAT DEALS ON THINGS LIKE SWINGS AND STROLLERS. I STILL HAVE THE DUO GLIDE, IT'S GREAT SO FAR, IT'S REALLY EASY TO PUSH WITH ONE HAND WHEN GROCERY SHOPPING. I NEVER USED BOPPIES, I THOUGHT PILLOWS WORKED JUST AS WELL. LOT'S OF CLOTH DIAPERS FOR SPIT UP. LOT'S OF BLANKETS, AND LOTS OF ONESIES! I SWEAR, DON'T WAIST MONEY ON ALL THESE CUTE EXPENSIVE OUTFITS, FIRST OFF,YOU NEVER REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO WEIGH, SO BUYING CLOTHES BEFORE THEN IS A WAIST OF MONEY. ALL YOU NEED IS ONESIES AND T'S. SAME WITH DIAPERS, DON'T OVERSTOCK.

7. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

In just the short time our boys have been here, I would say the double snap n go has been a lifesaver just to help me get in and out of the pediatrician's office. I'm about to invest in a Valco Trimode Twin with optional toddler seat so I can actually get out with my youngest three soon also.

If you have NICU babies/preemies, you have to do the carseat test, and we had a terrible time trying to locate seats that would work with our babies (5 lbs. and 6 lbs. 12 oz.). The Chicco Keyfit seats that were recommended were on recall and not stocked anywhere locally. The Graco seats were actually poo-pooed by the carseat techs in the NICU because they aren't really optimal for babies around 5 lbs. And no one stocked the Evenflo Embrace seats locally. . . we had to order them and hope they arrived in time for our babies to be discharged from the NICU. You might check into your local carseat supply to see what's available.

Even with our 5 lbs. baby, we've only had the boys in one or two preemie size outfits.

And right now, I don't know what I would've done without my Medela Pump In Style since I had NICU babies and had to pump breastmillk. . .

8. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

I found it all very overwhelming like you starting out because everyone seemed to have products they LOVED and other's didn't use the same item. I think you tend to make due with whatever you buy.

I have enjoyed Not having two of the same thing -- so one bouncer, one swing -- but only one baby enjoyed both. By 4 months most babies arent' using most of the major products you will buy, and if money is a consideration... you might want to space it out, so you have money for more items when they are 6 months then 9 then 12 months.

I suggest easy wear clothes that are pretty or cute and you don't have to iron -- you won't have time.

heather

9. kimadams

kimadams Active Member

Here are the things that we like:

Double snap and go- At first I did not want this, but I can't imagine being without it! We are getting the Valco in a couple of months.
    Gymboree blankets- We love these. They are so nice and my husband does a perfect swaddle with these.
    Dr. Brown's bottles- I don't know if these are really helping with their reflux, we like to think they are helping
    Medela Double Breast Pump- I wouldn't have been able to give them as much breast milk without this
    Papasan seat (Target)- this got not so great reviews on the website, so I didn't buy it initially. However, the bouncer seat we did get
    was not appropriate for a newborn. I went to Target and got this because I was desperate, needed a more cushioning supportive seat. We love
    it! The girls love it.
    Graco pack and play in Bermuda- this is the $99 one, and it has been wonderful. We didn't want to get one of those fancy ones, and we didn't know what we were having, so this was neutral enough.
    Cloth Diapers- We use these every day, and lots of them!

Things we like, but not our ultimate favorite

Graco love and hug swing- it does it's job, but I wish I would have gone with the 3 in 1 Graco swing (I think that's what it's called)
    All of those little cutesy blankets-they are too small for swaddling

Our girls weren't tiny for twins but they wore preemie size for the first month, at least. Gap up to 7 lbs. fit them nicely. Gymboree up to 7 lbs. fit them nicely. Carters NB (newborn) fits them. Their closet is full of clothes, it's ridiculous. Most of it they can't wear yet. Not even the 0-3. We just switched them to the 0-3 onesies. At six weeks they were over 8 lbs.

I agree with the poster who says you make stuff work for you.

10. 3+twobabies

3+twobabies New Member

QUOTE(Emily@Home @ Jul 6 2008, 12:56 PM) [snapback]862491[/snapback]
    In just the short time our boys have been here, I would say the double snap n go has been a lifesaver just to help me get in and out of the pediatrician's office. I'm about to invest in a Valco Trimode Twin with optional toddler seat so I can actually get out with my youngest three soon also.

If you have NICU babies/preemies, you have to do the carseat test, and we had a terrible time trying to locate seats that would work with our babies (5 lbs. and 6 lbs. 12 oz.). The Chicco Keyfit seats that were recommended were on recall and not stocked anywhere locally. The Graco seats were actually poo-pooed by the carseat techs in the NICU because they aren't really optimal for babies around 5 lbs. And no one stocked the Evenflo Embrace seats locally. . . we had to order them and hope they arrived in time for our babies to be discharged from the NICU. You might check into your local carseat supply to see what's available.

Even with our 5 lbs. baby, we've only had the boys in one or two preemie size outfits.

And right now, I don't know what I would've done without my Medela Pump In Style since I had NICU babies and had to pump breastmillk. . .

Dear Emily,

Well my situation is slightly different in that my twin girls are being born via GS and the surrogate is on level 2 bed rest a this point. she has been now for 2 weeks for cervical shortening, she is now 65% efaced and gets another check tomorrow. I have been taking meds throughout the entire pregnancy so that I can BF and will have to start pumping in 2 weeks. we anticipate them coming earlier then scheduled c sec and wanted to get in touch with other preemie moms. I would love to chat about what to expect and any bf difficulties because of being born early.