Which Hospital did you deliver?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Sofiesmom, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I thought it would be fun to know where everybody delivered, and some of us may have delivered in the same hospital.

I delivered at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, here in downtown Chicago.

It's one of the largest birthing centers in the country (largest in the Midwest). Last year they did a little under 10,000 birth including 280 sets of twins (including ours!!!). They just opened a new facility where they can accomodate over 13,000 deliveries and with over 80 Level III NICU beds it's one of the largest NICU centers in the country as well.

It's big, but still it didn't feel that way. I had my oldest there as well, and would definitely go back (but don't plan on it!). It's too bad I missed the new facility ... by 11 months though!

2. swilhite

swilhite Well-Known Member

I delivered at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, too! I missed the new facility by one month exactly! I had my daughter there as well and she spent 6 weeks in their NICU, which I was not impressed with but that's a story for another day.

Small world, huh? :eek:

3. Jen620

Jen620 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

All the girls (and me too) were born at Providence Hospital in Southfield, Michigan.

4. AWerner

AWerner Well-Known Member

All 3 of mine were born at Home Hospital in Lafayette,IN

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

My oldest daughter was born at Abington Memorial Hospital in PA. And my boys were born at Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies in Orlando, FL. The same hospital that Tiger Woods' baby girl was born at.

6. SusieQ

SusieQ Well-Known Member

My twins were born @ St. John's Hospital in Maplewood, MN (suburb of the Twin Cities), and my oldest daughter was born at Ramsey Hospital (now known as Regions) in St. Paul, MN.

Suzi

7. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

Fairfax Inova in Fairfax, VA. It is one of the top High Risk hospitals in the country and the hospital as well as my Peri have been featured on Discovery Health's Special Delivery.

8. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(butterflygirl @ Nov 15 2007, 01:45 AM) [snapback]496281[/snapback]
    I delivered at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, too! I missed the new facility by one month exactly! I had my daughter there as well and she spent 6 weeks in their NICU, which I was not impressed with but that's a story for another day.

Small world, huh? :eek:

I am sorry about your loss. Congrats on your twins! It's indeed a small world! I had one friend who had her 3rd on 9/28 and another friend made it into the new hospital, she delivered 10/27! Almost everybody I know went there.
    Where do you live? I am in W. Lincoln Park, on the border of W. Lakeview.

9. becky5

becky5 Guest

Justin was delivered at Gulf Coast Hospital, Ft. Myers
    Hannah, Josh, Jake, and Emma were all born at Lee Memorial Healthpark Hospital, Ft. Myers

10. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

All 3 of mine girls were born at Licking Memorial Hospital, in Newark, Ohio. (Licking County - what a great name! ;) )

11. moparchick

moparchick Well-Known Member

My boys were born at Ohio State Medical Center in Columbus, OH. Go Bucks.

12. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

My twins were born at Fairview Hospital in Fairview Park Ohio (suburb of Cleveland). I had the best experience they just built a huge women's pavilion with brand new everything! Huge rooms with every ammenity on the post partum floor and huge birthing rooms with everything in them. A really nice high risk wing that I went to for all my NST's. I was very happy!

13. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I delivered at Sharp Mary Birch Hospital in San Diego, CA

14. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

DD was born in Sioux Valley Hos in Sioux Falls SD.. the twins were born at Kaiser in Woodland Hills CA

15. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

I delivered my twins at Silver Cross Hospital in Joliet, IL. I had my level 2 ultrasound at Rush Memorial up in Chicago.
    Helen

16. ldsangel19

ldsangel19 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Jen620 @ Nov 15 2007, 01:52 AM) [snapback]496288[/snapback]
    All the girls (and me too) were born at Providence Hospital in Southfield, Michigan.

I was born there! :)

My twins were born at Huron Valley Sinai in Commerce, MI

17. iluvpugs44109

iluvpugs44109 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Ericka B @ Nov 14 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]496358[/snapback]
    My twins were born at Fairview Hospital in Fairview Park Ohio (suburb of Cleveland). I had the best experience they just built a huge women's pavilion with brand new everything! Huge rooms with every ammenity on the post partum floor and huge birthing rooms with everything in them. A really nice high risk wing that I went to for all my NST's. I was very happy!

Ditto here! Loved Fairview. I was actually born there. When I heard they were building a brand new unit I was psyched. So happy I had my babies there. Everyone was excellent.

18. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

My little ones were born at Northside Hospital in Atlanta, which is somewhat of a baby factory -- they deliver more than 18,000 babies a year, which I think is more than any other hospital in the U.S.

My older DD was born at North Fulton Regional Hospital, also in a northern burb of Atlanta.

19. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

Miami Valley in Dayton, OH. Had they come 2 days later, they would've been born on base at Wright-Patt... but we needed that NICU!

20. kelly_nicole

kelly_nicole Well-Known Member

both of my deliveries were at sacred heart hospital in pensacola, fl. they have great neonatal care.

21. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa, AZ. We see our doctors on TV shows about multiples & high risk deliveries often -- they are some of the world's best multiples docs-- they did a great job with us! :)

22. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Women & Infants Hospital in Providence, RI. They also have a level 3 NICU with about 80 beds, and they're even in the process of expanding it - in the new one, each baby (or set of multiples) will have their own room, with a chair/bed for parents! If only it had been built in time for us...

Still, the NICU was awesome. (The "step-down" Special Care Nursery was not so great, though.) And I got very good care during and after delivery, and when I was hospitalized at W&I with my first miscarriage. Their PPD clinic is also great.

23. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I delivered all three kids at South Shore Hospital in Weymouth, MA. They have a wonderful maternity unit and a level 3 NICU(which we did not need). It is only minutes from my house!

24. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

The girls were born at U.S. Naval Hospital - Camp Lester. Okinawa, Japan (thus, the screen name!).

Erica.

25. Rachel&Emily

Rachel&Emily Well-Known Member

Virtua Memorial in Mt Holly, New Jersey.

26. pink and blue mom

pink and blue mom Well-Known Member

My twins were born at University of Chicago Hospitals!

27. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

My oldest was born at Kent General in Dover, Delaware. It was not good. They had shared rooms. what a disaster. The only thing worse than too many people coming to visit you while you're in the hospital is too many people coming to visit your roommate while in the hospital.

The twins were born at Davis County Hospital in Layton, Utah. Excellent experience there!

Reyna

28. bethsull

bethsull Well-Known Member

My older DD was born at Milford Regional Medical Center in Milford, MA. My twins were born at UMASS Memorial in Worcester, MA because we needed the NICU. I loved both hospitals for different reasons but was particularly impressed by UMASS. GREAT hospital, super maternity department and NICU.

29. caba

caba Banned

My twins were born at St Peter's University Hospital in New Brunswick New Jersey.

30. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

girls were born at Latrobe Area Hospital in Latrobe, PA

Addison was lifeflighted to West Penn Hospital in Pittsburgh. She was in NICU there for 11 days.

Both were WONDERFUL hospitals!

31. stacyw

stacyw Well-Known Member

All four of my kids were delivered at Cy-Fair Medical Center in Houston.

32. ssbard

ssbard Well-Known Member

We went to Washington County Hospital in Hagerstown,MD, but were transported to Johns Hopkins Bayview in Baltimore for delivery.

33. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

The girls were born at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, NY. This is the same hospital that had the fertility clinic I used. I really liked it there. I was also there when I had kidney stones at the end of the first trimester and stayed on the maternity floor. The nurse in the recovery room after my c-section even remembered me.

34. womb for 2

womb for 2 Well-Known Member

1 - Circle City Hospital in Corona, CA. Everything went smooth, but I there was the changing of rooms from labor to delivery. They also had the babies stay in the nursery over night which I didn't care for.

2 - Corona Regional Medical Center in Corona, CA. I was not moved to a delivery room there, so that was nice, but the PP rooms were semi private and the woman that was next to me snored the entire night. I couldn't wait to go home the next day.

3 - Planned home birth in Reno, NV. Out of all the births, this was my favorite! I had the comforts of home, and the knowledge of midwives there to support me.

4 - UCSD Medical Center - Hilcrest in San Diego, CA. Loved this hospital. They are very pro breastfeeding, and don't have a nursery for healthy babies, the babies room right with mom.

5 - Started out at Corona Regional Medical Center, but they could not handle preemies and was transported to UC Irvine in Irvine, CA. My stay there was wonderful and the NICU has been fabulous so far!

35. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center in Wilkes-Barre PA - great experience (except no bed for daddy!)