Which kid digital camera?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by christie76, Dec 5, 2011.

1. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

I've narrowed it down to the Fisher Price Kid Tough or the Vtech Kidizoom. Not sure which one to get. There are 2 models for each camera. Not sure if it's worth spending the extra on the nicer one. Only 1 of them asked for a camera for Christmas, so I think I'll just get one for now and see how much they use it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Christie

2. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I ordered the Vtech one. It has a couple of games and holds more pictures than the other one. I played with it for a few minutes when it came and it' seemed fine. The girls will get it for Christmas so I don't have their reactions yet. I'm expecting crappy picture quality.

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

We have the vtech, the kids love it, it's crappy pictures though but they don't care...

4. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We got our girls real cameras for their fourth birthday and they've done fine. The cameras were on clearance so about the same price as the crappy kids ones. And the picture quality and image stabilization are great. I'm so glad we got real cameras because they'll last much longer. As long as your kids aren't tornadoes, you might want to look at real cameras. Your kids will be able to take nice enough pictures to print out.

5. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

I would never pay $90 for a kids digital camera, which is what the VTech kidzoom seems to run. But then again your kids are a year older than mine so they may really expect better picture/video quality. I bought two FP See Yourself cameras on sale for $50 because they had great reviews and were affordable. I played with them some when they arrived and the quality seemed fine for out little guys. But I won't know how good they really are until after Christmas and the boys play with them some.

6. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

I got the Vtech cameras at Costco for $28/each which is about $10-$12 cheaper than other stores. I was looking at the FP See Yourself Camera but did not want to spend that type of money times two.

7. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

When I got the vtech camera it was during a BOGO sale... otherwise I would have passed honestly!

8. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of going with the see yourself camera by fisher price. The girls play with my phone constantly looking at pictures and videos. Is there anything out there that is more like a cell phone for taking pics and videos? I'm sure they'll be into taking pictures at some point, but for now they have more fun just looking at pics and watching videos on my phone.

Thanks!

9. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have the original Fisher Price kidtough camera, and it's tough, no doubt, but the picture quality is horrible, the flash takes forever to recharge, so about 65% of the pics are too dark to see. And forget printing them out I'm sure they will look terrible.

I'm waiting it out for the twins and going to get them a real camera down the road. My oldest got his first camera a couple years ago and he loves it, although he doesn't use it too much, he still has pics on it from 2 yrs ago! :lol: