which lightweight single stroller?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by naomi02, Jul 2, 2010.

1. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

I got rid of my umbrella strollers & now I'm wishing that I didn't. Every so often dh & I will each take a kid for the day to give them a break from each other. I usually end up at the mall or something b/c it's not something I can normally do with both kids. But, it ends up being too much walking for the child & they get tired & want to be carried.

I was thinking of getting the Jeep umbrella stroller, but it's so much more expensive than my last ones! Lots more features, though.

http://www.babygiftsoutlet.com/prd/jeep-wrangler-sport-all-weather-umbrella-stroller-orange.html

Which do you recommend?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Have you gone to Burlington Coat Factory or BabiesRus? They have a ton to choose from. And the prices, at least for the double stroller we bought in February are cheaper than the site you linked.

3. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

We just have the umbrella stroller from BRU. We hardly use them anymore, but I still like to keep them around, just in case.

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

For a singleton, I would definitely spend a little more and get a nicer stroller. Especially as a younger sibling getting hauled around to all of his or her siblings' activities, that kid is going to spend a lot of time in the stroller! And you'll probably want a cargo basket, snack tray, etc.

5. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I actually got the Jeep stroller (double) for my girls and was able to save pretty good on it by waiting for TRU's sale on strollers and having a coupon. If you like the Jeep, check around on the internet or Ebay and do some pricing shopping, you just might be able to find it at a good deal and with free shipping. The Jeep really is worth the money though, IMO.

6. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

we dont use strollers anymore (a wagon if we need anything) but i loved my peg perego aria single.

gl!