which sunscreen doesn't burn the eyes?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by foppa2102, Apr 22, 2010.

1. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

i've been using a spray sunscreen for babies, and i wipe it all over their faces, and then they get outside and sweat and the sunscreen melts and leaks into their eyes, they rub their eyes, and then their eyes start burning really bad and they start screaming and getting red eyes and it's pretty hard to flush the eyes of a 22 month old! sooo i had hoped that since it was a baby sunscreen, it wouldn't burn, but apparently not. anyone with ideas?

2. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I've had luck with Arbonne baby sunscreen and also Aveeno baby sunscreen for their faces.

3. someone

someone Well-Known Member

You can get sunscreen for the face that comes in a tube and you just put put it directly on, like http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Baby-Stick-0-47-Ounce-Sticks/dp/B001OMI9U6
    or you can get a tear free sunscreen which I think is not supposed to hurt the eyes.

4. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

I use the Aveeno for babies and haven't had any problems with it. GL!

5. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I like the face sticks (not the round Waterbabies or Coppertone ones though). The ones I've had good luck with are Neutrogena baby face stick and there's a Hawaiian Tropic stick that I really like too. We also recently used some Neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch and none of us had any issues with stinging eyes.

6. debid

debid Well-Known Member

I just found a new one when I was out shopping a few weeks ago. It's a Coppertone kid's sunscreen lotion and it's called "Pure & Simple". LOVE IT! Oil, fragrance, and dye free, tear free, waterproof, and 14.5% zinc oxide (a physical barrier for broad spectrum protection). It goes on with a white, sparkly sheen but it doesn't feel overly greasy and it absorbs pretty quickly (the white look goes away). Most sunscreens bother my eyes, this one doesn't.

It's not cheap ($9.50 for an 8-ounce bottle at Walmart) but I like it even better than the Banana Boat Baby we were using before.

7. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

we have really good luck with California baby...it's pretty pricy but works well.

8. sghaley

sghaley Well-Known Member

We also had luck with California Baby. My DD had awful reactions to sunscreen...only had to get a teeny bit in her eyes and her whole face would be swollen. It is pricey, but it was totally worth it for us.