Whining just for Mommy?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by hanknbeans, Nov 22, 2006.

1. hanknbeans

hanknbeans Well-Known Member

My toddlers are soooooo whiny! It is driving [​IMG]me nuts! Everyone always tells me that they were "fine until you came in the room." Does anyone elses kids do this? I feel like they are so whiny all the time, especially for me. It is like they can't play independently, if I leave the room they freak out! Please tell me someone else is going through this and if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated!

2. hanknbeans

hanknbeans Well-Known Member

My toddlers are soooooo whiny! It is driving [​IMG]me nuts! Everyone always tells me that they were "fine until you came in the room." Does anyone elses kids do this? I feel like they are so whiny all the time, especially for me. It is like they can't play independently, if I leave the room they freak out! Please tell me someone else is going through this and if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated!

3. lmBurlingame

lmBurlingame Well-Known Member

Mine are kinda like that. Ryan & Alec are more reserved around other people so when someone else watches them, they're not as rambunctious. HOWEVER, when mommy comes home, look out!

4. Sarah4590

Sarah4590 Active Member

I thought my b/g twins were the king & queen of being whiney. They know some signs but it still doesn't stop them. I am trying to teach them to just say "please" for whatever it is. They whine for cups, books & things they can't reach but want, which is everything. I hope it lets up when they can talk. When is that anyway? They understand everything I say and can follow commands(when they want) but not many words yet.
    I feel your pain.

Sarah
    Raina & Mason 16.5mo old

5. Monette

Monette Member

Mine are 3 and have always been like that. Drives me NUTS!!! My girl is worse. They are perfectly fine for others but whenever I'm around it's back to being whineybutts.
    Maybe I need a year vacation.

6. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

That would be my boys. They are fabulous for everyone...but me [​IMG]

7. ellas_mom

ellas_mom Well-Known Member

You have described my DDs exactly. Never a peep until Mommy is in view. If I am upstairs and Daddy is downstairs with them, not a sound! As soon as they see me, let the whining begin. You'd think they'd want a break from me since they are with me all day long. [​IMG]

8. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Same here. I'll be out or elsewhere in the house. I hear them playing nicely with DH or my mom, and as soon as I come back, WAH!

9. yvonneinoregon

yvonneinoregon Well-Known Member

quote:
    Same here. I'll be out or elsewhere in the house. I hear them playing nicely with DH or my mom, and as soon as I come back, WAH!

Ditto. Its the age, I HOPE! [​IMG] If you noticed, all of us have the same ages-except, GULP, Monette! Oh I so hope this is a SHORT PHASE! [​IMG]

10. Trisher225

Trisher225 Well-Known Member

My boys are the same. What age does it stop??? It is frustrating at times and embarassing sometims also. They will go to their MiMi's house and are "wonderful" for her, but as soon as I get there...Mommy.........whine, whine, whine, MOMMY!!!!!!! whine whine some more. My boyfriend can get them to stop whining but when no one else is around........OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! HELP?
    Trish- Mommy to Micah & Lucas (my whiners)

11. blessed momma

blessed momma Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty normal for kids to be more whiny with their parents than with others.

12. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

me to... mine are 3 1/2, sorry for u ladies with younger kids, but it hasn't stopped for me. I can be picking them up from daycare (2 days I work), and putting their shoes on it begins, and she tell me not one whine all day ahhhhh. Maybe when they're 4 it will stop hehe..

13. MTBx2

MTBx2 Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by MusicalAli:
    That would be my boys. They are fabulous for everyone...but me [​IMG]

Same thing with my girls!!!! [​IMG]

14. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

Yep, mine are better for other people. They do better at daycare and with my parents, and save the whining for me and daddy. Oh the joys! But you can rest assured it means they trust you so they can be themselves around you and they love you like crazy! Hang in there Katie!