White lies....

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by MrsWright, Oct 23, 2014.

1. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

JT has been driving me nuts lately with lying! He doesn't lie about big things, it's things like this--on way home I asked him what book he got at the library and he said it was a surprise, hannah asked him if it had flaps like the jelly bean book aunt Krissy had.

"No hannah they don't have those kind. I asked and they don't even have them at the school library"

I obviously know he didn't ask because the child wet his pants early in the year because he was too shy to ask the library teacher to use the restroom (and he wins worlds smallest bladder) and why would he ask that specific question?.
    Anyways, what bothers me is how easily he does this with ANYTHING and how it can easily slip down the mountain of bigger lies! What do I do?!

2. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

No idea but I'm in the same boat here - they lie about everything (although often it's if they know they'll get in trouble, for example when they don't wipe and flush after pooping...).

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If mine lie and I find out about it, there are consequences (i.e. something we like gets taken away).  I have talked to the kids about lying and telling stories and one of their favorite movies is Chicken Little and I have explained them that the point of the story is that Chicken Little told lies about the sky falling so many times that no one believed him when something big really did happen.  I swear, that movie has been used many times and in many ways as teachable moments in the house.

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Good thing tonight is movie night;). It seriously drives me bonkers and if you call him on it ("JT did you really ask the teacher?/I doubt you asked that specific question about the flaps") he will argue up and down that he did!. Makes me crazy!