Who can be active the most days in a row?

Discussion in 'General' started by AimeeThomp, Jun 17, 2011.

1. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sure that counts, Nancy!

Cooper and I are headed to the gym this morning.

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm starting back up on Monday. I just need a few more days to recover. Going to the grocery store this morning was exhausting.

1 person likes this.
  3. AimeeThomp

Today I carted Cooper around a BBQ in 100 degree weather for 3 hours. I deserve some serious activity points for that. :wine:

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, you do!
    I did a 50 minute workout at the gym today.

5. AimeeThomp

Yesterday I went swimming with all 3 kids. Today I am going to the gym.

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

2 days ago I did nothing special. Yesterday I painted the boys' room. Today I am paying for painting- ouch, ouch, ouch. Today I'm thinking of walking to the library to limber up.

7. kingeomer

Painting would do it to me Michelle!

Yesterday, I swam with DH and today I did a Kenpo X workout DVD.

8. becasquared

Yesterday I unpacked my desk and moved furniture a bit.

Today I made it to the gym and did a whopping five minutes on some cross trainer thing (OMG, that killed me!) and 30 minutes on a recombant bike.

9. cheezewhiz24

Ok, so movement of any kind wasn't happening yesterday. We'll see what today holds. I clearly need to do some strength training as I was dying yesterday.

10. AimeeThomp

Today I went to the gym again. I think something might be wrong with one of my knees. Anyone ever had a sore knee? I don't know if I should put ice or heat on it.

11. becasquared

Ice will reduce any inflammation, heat makes it feel temporarily better. You can alternate them for best resluts.

12. cheezewhiz24

Accident or on purpose? :blbl:

----

I'm heading to the mall (b/c it's cooler there!), determined to walk it twice; pushing a stroller.

13. becasquared

Funny you should mention that. I had gone back and fixed it to results, but then thought it was funnier as resluts. Seriously.

14. kingeomer

:rofl:

I did 50 minutes on the elliptical today

15. becasquared

Today's plan?

I'm going to attempt to do ten minutes on the elliptical plus 30 on the treadmill.

16. becasquared

I can't figure out how to turn the damn machines on. :lol:

I did 25 minutes on the cardio setting on the stationary bike. Kicked my butt!

17. kingeomer

The stationary bike kills me!

June 29th-I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and 15 on the stairmaster.
    June 30th-Had to take the day off due to foot pain

18. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

can someone explain this thread to me?!:). i looked at it when it began, but didn't post because it'd taken two days off out of 7 that week (so, i didn't work out "days in a row"). i'm not online very much but now i just looked in on it and the last person who posted hadn't worked out days in a row, either... just wondering what it's all about, then? i hate to miss out on anythign to do w/working out, lol!! (especially since i suck so much on the eating!) (and also cuz i've really been pushing myself and have been working out an average of 5 times/week for a month!).... anyways, just wondering.

wtg, everyone!

~~jl

19. kingeomer

jl, you can post however many days you are active...it doesn't have to be a workout...it could be taking a walk around the neighborhood with the family or cleaning the house, etc. I did post about my day off because I wanted to be accountable to myself :blush: So feel free to post when you are active!

July 1: I did a walking cardio shape out workout on demand & a ton of cleaning around the house
    July 2: 45 minutes on the elliptical and 15 on the stair master
    July 3: 60 minutes on the elliptical & more cleaning
    July 4: will be going to the gym to do sometime on the elliptical, stair master and treadmill.

20. happychck

yea, nancy, i understand about being active as opposed to actually working out. but my question was about "days in a row." i worked out a ton this past month (trying to get back into it!) but i didn't post it here cuz the post title is about consecutive days, i thought. so i was just asking about that!

~~jl

21. becasquared

Okay, I'm up to six minutes on the elliptical! (I figured out how to turn it on. :lol: )

So I know I said I wasn't counting my walk to and from the bus, but I'm counting it today!

5 blocks in
    6 minutes on the elliptical
    25 minutes on the bike
    5 blocks out

22. kingeomer

:woo: for 6 minutes on the elliptical Bex and I would count those steps to the bus, especially with how hot it is outside!

Yesterday I did a 45 minutes workout on demand (Leslie Sansome 3 mile walk) and today I did the Leslie Sansome 2 mile walk and I will be going to the gym tonight and workout on the elliptical.

23. AimeeThomp

I was the biggest slacker last week and it shows on the scale. I'm up 2 lbs. Grr. Going the wrong way. I am back on track this week though. Today I did 10 minutes walking around the track, a good 40 minutes of strength training, 15 minutes bike and 10 minutes stairmill.

24. happychck

i went to boot camp last night (60 mins) and today i played basketball w/my lo's for a half hour.

jl (but, i still think we should change the title of the post, lol!)

25. AimeeThomp

Well originally I think we were gonna see who could do it the most days in a row...but I think everyone has missed at least one day now. I'll change it.

26. AimeeThomp

I had an idea, what if we do a monthly thread? I'll start one for July

1 person likes this.
  27. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

I did 20 minutes of body sculpting today and 10 minutes of ab crunches. I finished my excersice with 5 minutes hulahoop.