Why do kids do dumb stuff?!? Agh

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by NicoleLea, May 11, 2012.

1. NicoleLea

NicoleLea Well-Known Member

So we were about to get ready for bed and I gave my girls a quick snack of crackers. I stepped outside for maybe 5 minutes and when I came in it was a disaster!!! The entire box of crackers had been dumped onto the kitchen floor and strewn about, pressed and crunched into the living room carpet...I was soooo mad. :grr: Not only did I have to clean up the mess but it is completely wasteful and now a whole box of crackers is in the trash. I asked "Why did you do this?" And they only laugh and smile, so they were sent to their room. WHY do kids do crazy stuff like this?!?! :headbang:

2. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wish I knew.....maybe I'd be a millionaire;)

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would have made them clean it up.

I think they do it for curiousity's sake really. I have to keep reminding myself, that they don't have the whole cause/effect thing down yet, and they don't have the same ability to reason yet. That's what I have to teach them.

Right now, Alice has 5 stickers in her hair. And Royce just squeezed the swiffer wet jet in the carpet, and I'm making him clean it up because I don't want wetjet juice in the carpet.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Yup. Those brains aren't wired for reasoning yet. That doesn't make it any less frustrating though.. Especially at the end of a long day. :hug:

5. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I ask myself the same thing most days, lol.