Wide kids' shoes?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cheezewhiz24, Feb 20, 2012.

1. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My boys have their dad's cave man feet, lol, and the only places I can find that carry wide width shoes are Payless (I'd prefer not) and Stride Rite. Is there someplace I'm missing?

2. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

Those are the only 2 places that I've consistently seen anything. I've actually been impressed with Payless for their dress shoes, but won't buy sneakers there. The dress shoes tend to be made with leather uppers, but not the sneaks (important to me).

3. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My sister has always bought her son New Balance sneakers because they come in wide and extra wide. As for shoes, I know stride rite, you could probably check Kohl's for Munchkins which are also made by stride rite.

4. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I was going to say Stride Rite. If you know size, you may also find something online.

5. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I usually end up getting Stride Rite. I always check their website for promos, and also look on eBay, too, but often I end up just having to pay a ton, which stinks. I can't figure out anywhere else - all the shoe websites, like Zappos.com and shoes.com, have some, but even the New Balance or few other brands that happen to come in wides are almost as expensive as Stride Rite.

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sigh. I was hoping there was a stone unturned. I guess in lucky to have the Stride Rite outlet available and they have sales for Presidents Day today.

Thank you all. :)

7. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

We've pretty much stuck to Stride Rite for that reason too... and yes, the outlet is great. Especially when they have the BOGO 50% sales too. I actually got sneakers at 50% off on Thanksgiving, and stocked up on 4 pairs.

8. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I always bought new balance for my son when we needed wide tennis shoes. It was the only brand that I could consistantly find wide sizes in that were in stores around here. We don't have a stride rite, so I didn't always want to order online.

9. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Stride Rite outlet here too. DH's feet look like a duck's, and DS is daddy's little boy in many ways. :laughing:

10. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

New Balance are good for wide feet. Also, Zappos carries a lot of wide width kids shoes. Not sure if that will save you $$ or not.

11. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

My boys have wide feet too. I have had luck with stride right, Nike and addidas