Wii Owners...How many controllers do we need?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by blessedby2, Dec 4, 2011.

1. blessedby2

blessedby2 Well-Known Member

We are finally getting a Wii for Christmas. I got a great deal buying it on Black Friday too. I'm so excited to give it to them.

One question I have is how many controllers do we need? It only came with one, but I know that my twins will want to play together. There are 4 of us in the family - DD, DS, DH and me. Do you recommend getting a controller for each of us or is that too many? Would 3 be enough?

And, are there any other accessories you recommend? I got a charger for the controllers - holds 2 at a time. Anything else?

Lastly, what games do your kids like?

Thanks much!
    Cindy :)

2. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have 2 and are giving Timothy a light-up one for xmas. (He's our main wii player). You just have to decide how important the motion plus is to you. There are only 5 wii games total that use the motion plus. It's a feature in the newer remotes that isn't in the older remotes or any of the off brands (like the light-up one). Sports Resort is a game that came with ours and it will only work with the motion plus. We only have 1 controller with the motion plus and we just make it work.

As for games, the kids both enjoy the Wii Sports and the Sports Resort that came in ours. Super Mario Brothers is quite popular here and also it's what Timothy talks about with kids at school. Mario Kart is also quite popular. We have a few other games, but these are what really get played.

Marissa

3. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

We have 2 but 3 would be better and four would be awesome. My twins really don't play that much on the wii by themselves

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

We use one exclusively and occasionally two. We have yet to open numbers 3 & 4.

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We use 4 quite often, DH, DS, DD and I all like to play Mario racing together. We also like Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter games, lots of fun! Skiing, skating, bobsledding, curling, dream gliding, ski jumping, speed skating...etc. We're also big fans of the Lego games. Lego Harry Potter, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Star Wars. Those all get played the most.

6. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

There are 5 of us but we only use 2 controllers.. For instance when you are bowling players 1and 3 use the same remote and 2 and 4 use the same remote. I would start with two and see how it goes. The rechargeable batteries and the charging dock are a MUST!! I also reccomend the motion plus but they are much more expensive controllers.

7. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

We have 6 in our family and have 4 controllers. Some games limit the number of players to 1 or 2, but alot have up to 4. If we want to play as a family, then we use games for 4 players and use all the controllers.

8. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

4 controllers for 4 kiddies to compete with each other, ha!

9. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have three controllers. But we started off with two. I think two should be enough to start off with, then if you find you need more you can get them.

10. Haley'sHope

Haley'sHope Well-Known Member

We have 3 because my husband likes to play with the kids :).

11. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

4 controllers at this house, but mainly for Just Dance when there are 4 players.
    Games we like...Wipe Out, Just Dance (all of them), Bowling and Wii Sport.

12. Christel

Christel Well-Known Member

We have 6 controllers. We only use them all when we play Just Dance, but it's everyone's favorite game so we play it alot! Other than that, we usually get along fine with 2.