Willful Twins

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by woosah, Jan 18, 2017.

1. woosah

woosah New Member

Hi I'm the father of 2 1/2 yo identical twin boys. Wondering if anyone had any advice on dealing with very willful children. My boys have a VERY difficult time being directed to do anything other than that of what they want to do. I feel that its a constant battle and its extremely difficult to manage everyday life. The temper tantrums are awful and can last long lengths of time and if its not a temper tantrum its whining and crying. We find ourselves not being able to even bring them to the mall because every time we cross the threshold into the store they lose it. There is not one aspect of getting them to do something that isn't a fight and when you haven't slept in 2 1/2 years you feel like your losing your mind. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My singleton (older daughter) was very willful, someone suggested I read the book Happiest Toddler on the Block and the ideas in this book REALLY helped me understand how toddlers think and how to better communicate with them (using toddler-ese). I would suggest looking into this book.
    Good luck! And *hugs* to you guys-2 year olds are tough, and three is even tougher...just being honest.

woosah likes this.
  3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I second the Happiest Toddler on the Block!

woosah likes this.