Wipe clean only...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by megkc03, Mar 13, 2009.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am not sure where to put this-where I would get my answer... So I am doing it in here-if it needs to be moved-that's fine as well!

OK. So the highchairs are gross and I am finally going to wash them-the covers that is. I know there was a post a few months back about the "wipe clean only" highchair covers and what people did with them when they got really gross. I have the Eddie Bauer highchairs, natural wood, with the vinyl covering and some fabric on the back. Anyways...

I know some people posted that they throw it in the washing machine. So my question is-cold water? Gently cycle? And then do you dry them? Or line dry? Thanks for any info! I am laundry-illiterate!

2. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

My Fisher-Price Space Saver covers were also the 'wipe clean only' vinyl with padded backing. It really irritated me, I mean seriously??? Have they (the designers) never seen children eat???

Anyway, I threw mine in my washer on my front loaders Hand Wash cycle cold water/cold rinse/extra rinse and then just hung to dry. They came out fine!

GL!

3. megkc03

QUOTE(Chillers @ Mar 13 2009, 09:35 PM) [snapback]1227258[/snapback]
    My Fisher-Price Space Saver covers were also the 'wipe clean only' vinyl with padded backing. It really irritated me, I mean seriously??? Have they (the designers) never seen children eat???

Anyway, I threw mine in my washer on my front loaders Hand Wash cycle cold water/cold rinse/extra rinse and then just hung to dry. They came out fine!

GL!

LOL! So true! Thanks for the tip! I will hopefully get them done tomorrow!

4. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

Our high chair liners are DRY CLEAN ONLY! I could NOT believe it when I saw it on the tag...who would make high chairs that are DRY CLEAN ONLY? Ugh.

So, I threw them in the wash on the gentle cycle & then let them air dry. Our always came out looking good, but the padding in the seat under their butt has gotten all lumpy & icky. We have since stopped using the high chairs (we're in the booster seats at the table) but I wonder if I'll even be able to sell them with the lumpy butt....

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine are vinyl backing, so they are wipe clean only. It amazes me how icky the high chair covers get!

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it yet. I usually just hand wash with hot soapy water, but I'm sure if you did put it in the wash you'd want to use cold on gentle and then definitely air dry. Let us know how it works out for you. I'm thinking on getting DH to drag out the power washer today and blast those bad boys ;)

7. megkc03

QUOTE(Leighann @ Mar 14 2009, 10:25 AM) [snapback]1227717[/snapback]
    I haven't tried it yet. I usually just hand wash with hot soapy water, but I'm sure if you did put it in the wash you'd want to use cold on gentle and then definitely air dry. Let us know how it works out for you. I'm thinking on getting DH to drag out the power washer today and blast those bad boys ;)

Oohhh! That's a great idea! DH has wanted to get a power washer so we can wash the side of the house and the deck(nicely known as the poop deck in the winter :bad: ), and I bet it would do wonders for the lovely highchairs! Hmmm...I see a fieldtrip in our future! :)