Wonderful growth scan results but that was seriously an ordeal

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by sparkle77, Aug 6, 2009.

1. sparkle77

sparkle77 Well-Known Member

So we had a growth scan today and the babies are looking great. Baby A (little boy) is 2lbs 10 oz and Baby B (little girl) is 2lbs 11 oz. Both are moving well and thriving. Baby B's head is practically under my ribs and she seems to be turning flips like a gymnast -- glad to see she's having so much fun. Her brother seems to be less mobile but I think he's paying her back for getting all the room because he's got his little butt right smack dab in her face! Hee!! :lol:

Cervix is also still nice and tight and long (3.1) so things are overall looking very good.

Buuut I have to say, that scan was sooooooo incredibly uncomfortable. Like literally I nearly fainted a couple of times. She needed me to stay on my back for as long as possible so that she could get her measurements and I could not breathe!! It was very alarming, I was sweating like crazy and really freaking out. Every chance she got, she let me roll over onto my side, but it was a really difficult half hour or so. And unfortunately I was in such agony that I barely even got a good look at the babies. :(
    Of course I am thrilled that the babies are looking good, but I'm bummed that it seems like the ultrasounds wont be much fun anymore. Booooo.

2. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Well-Known Member

Yay! Those are awesome weights!

Yes - ultrasounds get so uncomfortable. I feel for you. I had one daily from 24-32 weeks and the ones not done in my hospital bed were agony.

I remember an echocardiogram we had at 18 weeks, that was SO awful. Like you - I really felt like I was going to pass out so many times. It took forever because I had to keep either sitting up or laying on my side for a bit.

3. chicagomama

chicagomama Well-Known Member

congrats on the good results!! That is great they are of good size and thriving. I hear you on discomfort during exams, lately it seems to take so long to get a good read on TwinA during the non-stress tests b/c he is quite lazy! B will be bopping away but A just kinda hangs out so it is a long time trying to hold a single position which gets uncomfortable!

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: I remember feeling that way as well, not fun at all. :hug: I'm happy to hear that the babies are looking good and things are moving along well. :Clap:

5. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

Those are great weights!! My boys were born at 29 weeks weighing less than that!! Awesome Job Momma!

6. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the great scan! I hear you on being uncomforatble. I have my next u/s next Monday and instead of looking forward to it I am dragging it. Hang in there.

7. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

Random question, but did you eat before your ultrasound? I had one at around 20-22 weeks and I had not eaten - it was early in the a.m. - and I was MISERABLE on my back - same thing you describe - sweaty, feeling faint, dizzy, etc. I have found that having a little food in my stomach makes all the difference - I have had ultrasounds at least every two weeks since then and have not had that problem again. Just a thought.

8. qfmom2009

qfmom2009 Well-Known Member

Wow! They're doing great!!!

You're right on....u/s at toward the end of the pg are awful! I kept having side cramps during my NST's.

You're doing awesome!

9. sparkle77

Thanks ladies for all your encouragement. I am really proud of the little ones (and their mama) for doing so well so far. Here's hoping we keep up the good work.

@amymc -- I did eat a couple of small slices of toast, but nothing substantial.

10. lorileahb

lorileahb Well-Known Member

Congrats on the fantastic update! I agree with pp and have also started dreading u/s. NSTs are uncomfortable, but the every week biophysical u/s takes a little while and has become very uncomfortable. Who knew something that used to be so fantastic would become such a chore?!! You are getting closer... not too many more to go...

11. pittmane

pittmane Well-Known Member

Wow...the ultrasound techs are constantly asking me if I'm doing ok and always allow me to roll onto my side when I say I'm not. I've never had an issue with that. I did however, get VERY uncomfortable in the nice cushy recliner for my NST - the nurse was offended (not really) that I found it uncomfortable. I started having a bunch of contractions I was so uncomfy. Good luck at your next scan!!!

12. sparkle77

She did let me roll over when she could, but to be fair to her, she couldnt let me roll too often. She's a doctor at the Maternal Fetal Medicine Centre and was doing the specific measurements of heart/brain/kidney/etc. so there were times when she needed me to stay still in particular positions so that she could get those measurements. But at least she was quick and I didnt have to stay there for like an hour like a usually do. She was efficient if nothing else.