wonderful moment today

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by fuchsiagroan, Nov 21, 2010.

1. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

I just have to share a really sweet moment today.

We've had some very stressful stuff going on lately. Today I've been just exhausted. Ivy started pestering me with all the usual WHY questions (oh yeah, we are in the thick of that, big time) and asked me one of those questions that's both totally inane and really hard to think of a good answer for, I don't even remember what. I told her, "Sweetie, I'm really tired, can you ask me again later?"

Usually she'd say something (inadvertently? <_< ) sassy like, "No, I don't think so." But instead she just ran over and gave me a big hug and said, "I love you a lot, Mommy!" :cry: :wub:

SO sweet! Totally melted my heart. And these little spurts of empathy are always such a (wonderful) surprise.

2 people like this.
  2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

That is sooo sweet!!!

Audrey is such a daddy's girl. A calender came home in her bag on Friday with a note (sent ot all parents) asking if anyone would like to volunteer in the classroom, to sign up. I asked her and to see the excitement in her eyes was unbelieveable! :)

3. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Awwww... that's awesome. I love when our kids surprise us with their empathy (or just the lack of whining!).

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:wub: I love those kind of moments!

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:wub: Those moments are wonderful!