Wondering if Anyone Can Help Me

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by UsmcFamily2009, Sep 15, 2009.

1. UsmcFamily2009

UsmcFamily2009 New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I am new to this forum. My name is Lyssa. I'm not sure if I am indeed expecting twins yet. I have some feelings and indications toward that but I will not have 100% conformation until Wednesday of next week. What I am wondering is... Last week I had an HCG and progesterone test preformed. It was on the 8th of September. My levels came back extremely high. I was about 4 wks and 3 days at that point. The HCG level was 75,000. Some have told me that my dates are off but the chances of that are slim because I had another blood test preformed on the 14th of August. Those results came back at 2. Should I be thinking twins. It is something that is constantly on my mind. I had another test preformed this morning. I get the results back in the morning about 8am. I can't wait... I am dying to know one way or another. Has anyone else been in my shoes? Did you have about the same results and now are expecting twins? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I should know this but I must have forgotten, but is a HCG level the same as a Beta? :blush:

:wavey: and welcome to Twinstuff!! I can't wait to hear about your u/s on Weds. :Clap:

I remember my beta numbers (around what they were) and two weeks after ovulation it was around 350 and two days later it was 900.

Good luck!!!

3. Surrodoula

Surrodoula Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, that number seems extremely high for that gestational age - seems more in keeping with what you would see at about 8 or more weeks of pregnancy. Could the number have been 7500? What was the first day of your last menstrual period?

4. SC

SC Well-Known Member

Hmmm... not sure what to think. I have never heard of a level that high, that early. It does seem like something is off... date, misread HCG level? And, I'm not sure what the other number 2 means? What level is that?
    I wish you luck and hope it turns out the way you want it to.

5. mholmes07

mholmes07 Well-Known Member

I agree. That # is extremely high for only being 4 weeks & 2 days. I went thru fertility (IUI) & know exactly when I conceived & my HCG level at 4 weeks was 235, which was technically two weeks after ovulation.

6. garden2009

garden2009 Well-Known Member

I agree with pp that the number sounds high. I went through an IVF cycle with this pregnancy and my HCG at 4 weeks pg was 460 and then 2 days later was 1160. I was told at that time that it was very likely that it could be twins. at our 6 wk u/s it was confirmed!

Look forward to hearing your results!

7. prairiegirl33

prairiegirl33 Member

My Dr. checked my HCG levels about 7 to 10 days post-conception, and it was > 25,000. That sounds similar to yours, if 4 weeks means 4 weeks from your last period. At the time, I had no idea what the levels were supposed to be, but looking back, this should have been my first clue that twins were on the way! All my Dr. said was that my HCG level was high, but still in normal range, so I guess there can be a lot of variety in HCG levels.

Not sure it makes a difference, but I have a so-called 'spontaneous' identical twin pregnancy.

8. UsmcFamily2009

Thank You everyone for your replies. I just got a call back from my docotor on the results from my HCG test preformed yesterday. They came back at a little over 130,000. I have no clue what to think right now... There is no way the tests are wrong or misread. My last period was in July 8th. If I was indeed pregnant then the test on Aug 14th would have come back postive. Under 5 on an HCG test is negative my results were at a 2.

9. Surrodoula

Surrodoula Well-Known Member

Wow - I'm curious about the ultrasound results!

10. UsmcFamily2009

I am dying to find out!! Wednesday can't come any sooner for me. I need to know how many babies are in there. Nobody that I have talked to has ever heard of numbers as high as mine! I wasn't on any fertility drugs either. I have surgery in July to correct a 4 mm septum in my uterus that was believed that have cause 7 miscarriages and 1 still born in the past. I think the waiting is the hardest part for me right now. Especially because my husband is deployed so he's overseas on pins and needles too.

11. Kayla_Pray22

Kayla_Pray22 Well-Known Member

for some reason i remember exactly what the dr told me my hcg level was at 5 weeks it was 10,000....no one ever said anything about twins and we found at two weeks later at an ultrasound

12. UsmcFamily2009

So I was just wondering should I be worried? My levels are so much higher then anyone else... Should I be concerned that there are more then two babies in there? This whole situation is so crazy. My husband and I had given up on the fact of trying to have another biological child. When he got back from Deployment we were going to adopt. COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

13. mommyofmany

mommyofmany Well-Known Member

Got results?!?!?

14. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

WE're on pins and needles, can't wait to hear what the news is :silly:

15. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Very interesting! I didn't find out til 19 weeks along so I have no numbers for you! I'll be sure to check in on Wed. don't forget to let us know. :)