Wondering what cars will *easily* handle twins (NOT minivans)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mattsara09, Jul 2, 2009.

1. evemomma

evemomma Well-Known Member

Not sure that a roomy sedan will make you happy. I drove a Ford Taurus (as others have mentioned). While there is ample room for two carseats in the back...it is VERY uncomfortable to put the infant carriers into the car, and worse once you have to lean in to buckle them in their permanent seats. Also, the trunk is quite large, but I had serious backaches from lifting our heavy stroller up and out of the trunk (especially after a c-section). If the sedan would be your primary car than these issues may not be a big deal...but if your wife will be doing most of the 'heavy lifting', than it may be a problem. Also, I think an infant and an older child would work well...but to double the inconvenience of TWO infants in a sedan: torture! My dh drives the Taurus now, and he will not be able to transport all of our kids once the twins come!! Definitely consider the future as people have mentioned!

2. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

Sorry if someone already posted this because I didn't read the other replys but for when you kids get bigger the radian premier car seats are not as bulky as most and you can fit three across the back of a car no problem. I had a pontic grand am and I could fit to seats in it but it was a pain because the car was so low down and you really had to crawl in to get the kids in their seats. With the buckets it wasn't as bad. Best of luck in your search

3. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I am going to be getting a Ford Flex as my next car. I am ready to now give up the minivan. But, I would not have traded in my minivan for anything else until very recently. The sliding doors and huge amount of space for the stroller and other gear are great. I do love my minivan, but the lease is about up, I want to buy the next car, and I am opting to buy a Ford product.

4. Massato

Massato Member

I think that for such cases minivans are the best and I would never choose any other option