Wooden swingsets... what age?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Trishandthegirls, May 26, 2008.

1. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Hi all,

My DH and I are interested in getting a slide/climber for our girls, who turned one at the beginning of May. We originally thought we'd get one of those little plastic slides but then realized the girls would outgrow it by next summer, so now we're thinking about a wooden swingset/climber/slide thingy -- the large kind that you see at Costco or Home Depot. I'm wondering, however, if they're too young to use a wooden swingset this summer. Obviously they won't be able to use parts of it, but we'd buy toddler swings rather than regular ones.

Did any of you get a wooden swing set for one year olds? Or if you had a swingset already from an older child, at what age did your littler ones start enjoying the large climber?

Thanks!

2. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

3. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

We got one from Walmart for my oldest when he was 3 (when we moved to our house now) so we have always had one. The twins used it last year and they turned one in June. So yes, they can use it!

4. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

We got one for the boys' 1st birthday--it was assembled just in time for their party. They still play on it and have loved it from day one!

5. doubledownmom

doubledownmom Well-Known Member

We just bought them the Step 2 "Naturally Playful Woodland Climber" from Toys R Us. They absolutely love it!

I wasn't ready for the wooden swingset yet....

6. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

DH is building the girls their swingset and he's doing it in stages. Right now all it is is a frame with two toddler swings. Perfect for them! We bought a little plastic slide they can use this summer until next summer when DH adds on a tower and a slide etc.

Plus the little plastic slide can come in the house in the winter!

My girls are almost 15 months and they would never go down a big slide themselves. But they are scardy cats!

7. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

We have had ours since we moved into our house, which was when the twins were three months old. We used it a lot last summer when they were just one. They loved the toddler swings and even climbing up and going down the slide. This summer at two years of age, they can do everything. We have a Rainbow Play system.