Worst morning sickness EVER

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by NicoleLea, Aug 16, 2012.

1. NicoleLea

NicoleLea Well-Known Member

When I was pregnant with the twins I had terrible morning sickness, just sick constantly, every day. This time it is even WORSE. I can't believe how bad it is. Pretty much from the time I found I was pregnant 3 weeks ago I started getting sick. EVERY MORNING I wake up throwing up. I cannot keep anything down, including water. I probably throw up 5-10 times a day. I can't even leave my house. It is horrible and I am so miserable. I have tried the eating small meals, crackers, tea, etc. nothing works I am telling you I drink water and I throw it up. My husband has actually had to take some time off to take care of me, I am so ill. I read ginger tablets can help but then I also read that they may not be safe in pregnancy :( I just wish I knew something to get some relief...

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You could try ginger ale. I found that lemonade through a straw specifically helped. Does it lessen at all through the day? If so, maybe set an alarm for 3a, and eat while in bed. You would have to get up, just reach over for a snack and drink and keep your blood sugar levels up when you wake a few hours later.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this- morning sickness really sucks. :headbang:

3. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

Have you looked into prescrption meds like zofran? I have posted in the past about my horrifying fear of vomiting, and I have this prescription on hand. My OB gave it to me when I was trying to conceive. I never took it, but it's supposed to be safe to use while pregnant. I did use vitamin-B6 supplements. I don't think I needed it but it did help ease my mind. Your situation sounds like hyperemesis. I'd definitely talk to the dr. about getting some relief rather than trying to ride it out on your own. Good luck, I really hope you feel better soon!

4. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I too was going to suggest zofran and possibly IV rehydration...also too what about sprite or coke or even gatorade? please contact your doctor - you definietely need more help than just hanging on till 12 weeks...

5. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

If you're throwing up that much, you should definitely get in to the doc and get a prescription! I'm throwing up from 1-5 times a day (normally around 4) and am still having problems staying hydrated. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time with the morning sickness! Mine is worse this time too which is weird because its supposed to be worse with twins and with your first pregnancy!

6. NicoleLea

NicoleLea Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice and support ladies...I am getting in to see the doc on Monday (it may actually just be a nurse but hopefully either way they will be able to help). I am so tired of throwing up, my throat is just raw, ugh :( Disgusting.

7. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

That was how I was with my twins. I was told to take extra vitamin B6, but couldn't because I was sick all the time. I lost over 30 pounds in about 10 weeks until the m/s stopped at 20 weeks with them.

8. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

I used Seabands and ginger chews (so I did not really 'eat' them- rather more like a lifesaver candy). Both seemed to help a tad.

Hope your Dr can help out!!

9. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

You definitely have Hyperemesis Gravidarum (sp). I wasn't sick a day with the twins but when I got pregnant with Sebastian I was puking before I had the positive test! The only thing that saved me was Zofran (double dosage- in the sublingual form.) And I had to take the Unisom and B6 combo. *ask your doc about this* this is rx for severe morning sickness and the fertility clinic recommended it before I did IVF five years ago. IT WORKS!!!

And remember, now isn't the time to worry that this or that may hurt the baby.. You being dehydrated and not able to keep a positive or even semi-positive state of mind is what is the most worrisome.

Google "Diclectin" to read the exact dosage of vit b6 and unisom.

I had to take care of the twins. NO CHOICE but believe me if there was one.. I would have laid in bed all day just SICK. I was sick until THE DAY I had my c section! Hell but nowhere near these severe HG cases. Google Hyperemesis support there is a website with a forum. You will feel much better after you are more informed.

10. lianyla

http://www.helpher.org/forum3/

11. lianyla

okay here it is, www.hyperemesis.org
    click on "GET HELP NOW".

I wish you the best. Being sick like this is the worst torture. Also, being dehydrated causes vomiting to be worse. Once you are fully hydrated (via IV) you MIGHT be able to keep something down. :) HUGS!