worst morning sickness ever

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by earlyon, Nov 19, 2007.

1. earlyon

earlyon New Member

Hi I am a first time mother and am having twins....I have been having such bad morning sickness...I am at 3 months and still very very sick is there any light at the end of the tunnel.....any reccomendations on something to drink besides water and gatorade both make me very sick...and I become quite dehydrated....

2. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I had morning sickness the WHOLE 9 months during my twin pregnancy. I did have to take Reglan to help get me through the days..but I still would get sick every now and then. Have you talked to your OB about taking medication for help with the morning sickness?

Lollie pops helped me..canned (cold) peaches helped me, lemon water with ice helped me, every now and then I would sip on sweet tea..but not very much. Also gum (peppermint) helped me.

Now these were all things I tried and sometimes they would help and other days there was nothing that would help..but sleep and reglan.

I hope you get relief soon. HUGS

Brandy

3. earlyon

earlyon New Member

4. bray64015

bray64015 Well-Known Member

I am still getting it too!

QUOTE(crystaltwins @ Nov 19 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]501980[/snapback]
    Hi I am a first time mother and am having twins....I have been having such bad morning sickness...I am at 3 months and still very very sick is there any light at the end of the tunnel.....any reccomendations on something to drink besides water and gatorade both make me very sick...and I become quite dehydrated....

5. jenanne

jenanne Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry (((HUGS))) Morning sickness is the most miserable thing. Have you talked with your doctor? My doctor suggested a combo of Unisom and vitamin B (can't remember how much but call your Dr before you take anything) which helped me personally. If that didn't work they were ready to prescribe me something which I can tell you I would have done in a heartbeat! It is so hard being sick and you have had it a long time. See what your Drs can do for you, hon.

6. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Sorry you are so sick. Wish I had a better twin expereince to relay except that I would talk to your doctor. I was on Zofran my whole pregnancy.

I hope your goes away soon!

7. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

I lived on "peppermint tea" it really helped me, I felt sick for about 7 months

Hope it disapears soon for you !

8. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Hope it passes soon for you. One of the worst feelings in the world. Hang in there *hugs*

Dianna

9. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

[/quote
    Thanks so much! I will try some of these things...I am on a medication called ondansetron..It is a medication they give kemo patients...for sickness it helps...but I still am sick daily..It worries me because I have lost 14 pounds since the time I found out I was pregnant...doctor doesn't seemed to be concerned but I am worried my body is so sensitive...that i could be not healthy before the doctor knows it...will try some of your suggestions.....
    [/quote]

I hope those will help you. Just so you know..I lost 35 lbs through-out my pregnancy. I gained a total os 10 lbs when I deliviered at 39 weeks and 1 day. I was a skeleton with this great big belly. LOL My babies were both 6 lbs and came home with me after 48 hours. So as long as your babies are growing,...you should be fine. I thought I was doing horrible with my weight gain..but they said sometimes women can not gain weight while pregnant. I am just one of those women...

I hope you feel better soon!!!

Brandy

10. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

:( sorry u have to deal with that; i still take my ms pills or ill get sick over agian-i do get some now n then but its not as bad as it was before--I have some ritz crackers by my bed i munch on these before i get out of bed-before it was saltines-i try not to eat any heavy breakfeast food if i feel queasy at all because i know it wont stay down; but after im done i feel well enough to go on to eating-I hope yours goes away soon!

11. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry! I know just how you feel.

Trying to eat as much as I could really helped. Really theonly thing that prevented me from puking was Zofran. It's a miracle drug in my opinion.

By 20 weeks I was a new woman...with a whole slew of other pregnancy related complaints, but at least I could eat!

Oh, and I lost 12 lbs but then magically started gaining. I wouldnt' be too concerned!

Hang in there!!

12. blueeyez553

blueeyez553 Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that u are so sick ;-( (HUGS) i didnt get over my sickness until i was 15 wks but am so happy i did. i hope u feel better soon, i drank anything that didnt make me sick anything that will help. it will pass soon hopefully!!!!

13. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

I still have M/S too :bad: …I seemed to get worse (temporarily) at 12 weeks, when it had gone away @ 12 weeks with my 1st pregnancy… and 3 times I had to take an rx to make the vomiting stop as I went 12 hours not keeping ANYTHING down… I had tried it all… and everything seemed to work once… then when I would go to do it again and, no luck, but I have noticed (and I know this is going to sound gross being dehydrated) but a cup of coffee… I had a cup of coffee because of the headaches I was getting (and my Dr recommended it) and I noticed it also HELPED (didn’t cure) my m/s… so while your trying everything, give it a go… I ran it by my Dr and he said it doesn’t surprise me… so I have a cup of half decaf half reg blend coffee and I add a little hot chocolate (per the recommendation of another mom on this forum who had similar success with coffee and nausea) and I am not preying to the porcine god all day… I can sit and type on the forum… ;)
    I’m sorry you’re going through this, I think nausea is the worse... just know you’re not alone… and even if mine doesn’t get better I hope your does… :hug99:

14. alliandre

alliandre Well-Known Member

Ginger Ale worked sometimes for me.

15. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

I can totally relate to what you are going through. I'm just now starting to feel a little better. I read that Coke helps some women. I tried it and I didn't like it, but I don't like Coke to begin with. The caffeine is supposed to help. I think it is supposed to be room temp and flat. I lived on animal crackers and orange gatorade for a while. I found eating would be the only thing to make me feel better, but it was so hard to find something to eat. Nothing appealed to me and nothing tasted good. Just keep trying anything you can think of. English muffins and peanut butter has helped. I still eat them every morning. P,B&J's for lunch or Fluff. It's the only protein I've been getting. Plain potato chips sometimes helped. I found that gingerale made me feel worse. I didn't like the bubbles. I just bought the Preggie Pops Drops at Motherhood. They seem to help too. I think any hard, fruity candy would work. Minty gum helped me too. Oh, and Lucky Charms cereal. Totally random, but I could always stomach that. This is gross, but I did enjoy a McDonald's cheeseburger at one point. Now, I'm craving them. Everyone is different, so you may have to try lots of different things before you find something you like. I have wasted so much food in the past few weeks. I think I'll want something and I'll take a bite and then won't want it. I also find, that I am better at eating at someone else's house. I don't know why. It makes no sense. I hope you feel better soon. My dr. said between 13-16 weeks is when most women feel better. I pray that is true for you.

16. fsalih

fsalih Member

I totally sympathize with you. M/S with twins is the worse thing ever. With my 2nd daughter I threw up a couple of times a day, but that was it (1 minute of nausea, threw up and went about my business). With this pregnancy I was face down on the couch for 17 weeks and then barely human at 20 weeks when I came up for air. Besides zofran, i took ginger gel caps, extra B6 and ate ginger chews. They helped a bit, but not as much as time in my case.

I hope you feel better soon. Eat and drink what you can, but don't stress about it.

Fiona
    ?/? due Feb sometime

17. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

So sorry, ms is the pits!!! I found Anzemet worked better than Zofran (ondansetron is generic), it is similar - for chemo patients.
    I lost 16 pounds in 10 days, ugh! If you keep getting sick to where you are dehydrated, try to get your doctors to do home nursing for IV's. I found a vicious cycle where I would throw up more the more dehydrated I was. I had a long term IV and hooked myself up so at least I was hydrated.
    Try not to worry about your weight, the babies are very effective parasites and they take what they need. I delivered at 38w2d 5.3 and 5.13 pounds) and they roomed in and came home with me.
    PM me if you need support, I know your spirit can really get low when you are going through this!!