Yay! I think (hope) we're STTN

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Anneke, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Anneke

Anneke Well-Known Member

After almost a year of not sleeping through the night I think we've now come to a point of consistent sleeping from 12 to 6. At least I hope so? It's been five nights in a row for the both of them. We closed the milk bar between 12 and 6 and DH always went to comfort the girls whenever they woke up. At first they were in agony, but DH managed to calm them down unexpectedly easy. Now they don't even wake up anymore, I guess they know they are not getting any mommy milk. I am so happy we didn't have to let them cry it out for hours. They were probably ready for it.

I'm having sleeping problems, though. I don't fall asleep easily and wake very often. I am very tired. This is actually frustrating... Anyone share this experience?

2. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I think you will adjust.....I NEVER had sleep problems before. Our boys are finally sleeping mostly through the night. Since the time change they are waking up from 4:30-5 most mornings again, but I hope that will gradually adjust back to their 6am wake time. But anyway, when they finally started sleeping better rather than waking up 3-4 times a night, I had a lot of trouble going to sleep and staying asleep - I would wake up a couple of times myself for no reason. Now I am able to sleep straight through until they wake up. It took about two weeks, but I have adjusted finally.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: for sleeping through the night!
    It was hard for me to get back to my old sleeping pattern after the kids starting sleeping through the night. I think it took me two months to adjust but I also have dealt with insomnia for a long time and when I had it in check, is when I got pregnant. Hope you start sleeping through the night soon, Momma!

4. HorseyLover

HorseyLover Well-Known Member

Congrats on STTN!!!

I don't have issues falling asleep - but when I'm woken up by a sound or a cry, it's hard to fall back to sleep. in the morning, one of my boys starts to wake around 5:30am - and he wakes me up. He then falls back to sleep, but I don't.

5. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: :woo: on STTN! That's great!

As for yourself... I have a hard time falling asleep. I grew up listening to the radio before bed. DH HATES this. I would leave the TV on sometimes too(not with the radio though). But he hates it, so I stopped doing it(aren't I nice?). Since having Annabella I've become quite the night owl and stay up way past my bedtime-and even then, I'm not tired. So I bring my ipod touch into bed, play a game or two, and that usually gets me tired and out I go. And if I wake in the middle of the night for whatever reason, I also have a hard time going back to sleep.

6. Anneke

Anneke Well-Known Member

So far so good, they've continued to STTN! Yippee!

I'll have to be patient about my own sleeping pattern recovering. It's been almost a year of heavily interrupted sleep now, it's probably just gonna take some time.

7. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

Congrats! Hopefully since they did so well adjusting you will be able to coax more than 6 hours out of them in the coming months. I know getting mine to sleep from bedtime until morning was the biggest relief and they are so much happier when they get that 12-13 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Even a brief night waking makes them crankier the next day.