yeast infections...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mommaoffour_ohmy, Sep 15, 2010.

1. mommaoffour_ohmy

mommaoffour_ohmy Well-Known Member

Needless to say this is the THIRD one this pregnancy (Ive only had one other one in my life) :headbang: and I just did my first dose of cream and the last week through now Ive had a lot more contractions than normal, Im guessing this infection could have been irritating my uterus?
    I just dont want these contractions from the cream to put me into full blown labor, gosh can you imagine th TMI the nurse and doc would get after a dose of this stuff..ewww...sadly I dont think my body is ready to let these babies out anyway, but Im just wondering if anyone else has had one this close to the end of your pregnancy?

2. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

I started with contractions (BH) very early at about 16 weeks and the Dr checked for a UTI and Yeast. Although I was not experiencing symptoms of either. They did find yeast and said that Yeast and a UTI can cause contractions. However, they gave me Diflucan... 1 pill and it is done. Perhaps the cream is not agreeing with you maybe the pill would be better if you can take it this late in preg... But unfortunately these pesky infections can cause contractions.. I would call your Dr and discuss this! Hope you feel better soon!

3. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

Not fun, but good to know for the future, hope it get better.

4. mommaoffour_ohmy

feeling better, I was kinda hoping those contractions would have got SOMETHING started... no luck :aggressive:

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Missy, you can hold those babies in a little longer. Fat rolls on newborns are good. :)

6. mommaoffour_ohmy

Im so over being pregnant already, both are over 5lbs and doc wont even hear of inducing till our 38 weeks appointment <_<

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's very tiresome at the end, no doubt. You just have to get through today.

Now is a great time to get that last haircut/pedicure and such, if you have a little extra time. :)