Yellow baby teeth?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Buttercup1, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

One of my dd's top front baby tooth is coming in yellow. All of her other teeth look white. I did a quick search and read that it might be caused by jaundice or from meds that might have been given when she was born a preemie. I noticed it as soon as it broke through so I really don't think it's plaque. Anyone have any experience with this?

2. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

One of my girls has a yellow tooth. When we took her to the dentist he said something about it having to do with the calcium in the tooth. I don't remember exactly what he said, but he told me it was nothing to worry about; especially since it is a baby tooth.

3. anicosia

anicosia Well-Known Member

Annika has one. We just did a big dentist appointment with xrays this year. The tooth isn't causing her any problems so it isn't a big deal on it's own. But, the adult tooth under it, looks like it may be same. Her tooth actually has a ripple in it. It almost looks like someone scratched the enamel off in a streak but that's not actually the case, it's just discolored.

4. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

I've heard that babies who get antibiotics at birth can sometimes have yellow tinged baby teeth. I don't think it's anything to worry about- I'm pretty sure the adult tooth that follows will be fine..

5. Invetro Mommy

Invetro Mommy Well-Known Member

Both of my twins have the same thing. DS seems to be fading very slowely but DD remains the same color. The only thing I can think is that it is due to any treatments they had in NICU.