Yellow Teeth

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Birchbeer6, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Birchbeer6

Birchbeer6 Well-Known Member

Why o why are my DDS top teeth yellow??? we brush like 2 times a day, cause she loves brushing her teeth, I even do it after she does.....should I worry?

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Some kids teeth are naturally more yellowish than others. Have you seen a dentist yet? Maybe they could give you some insight. I found this article which has some ideas & advice as well.

3. Birchbeer6

Birchbeer6 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the article, it is helpful....Not sure what age they are suppossed to go to the dentist...my kids will be 3 in April....I go to the drs. tomorrow for DD so I will see what they say, she was on antibiotics last month for IMPETIGO, so I read that could be it to

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My kids went for the first time at 3, but many dentists will see them sooner if you want.

5. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

My daughter has hypercalcification, and some yellow / brownish spots. It just hasn't developped normally. Could have been related to the super high dosis of antibiotics she got when she had MRSA. It's not necessarily a problem but the teeth are more likely to get damaged / more sensitive. Currently she has no problems and her teeth are well taken care off, but you need to stay on top of it. She has a special tube with some paste we have to apply every evening after brushing to give it some extra protection. We first went between age 2 and 3, so I think you definitely need to have it checked out.