yellow tongue

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by arkie, Mar 10, 2010.

1. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

Hi my little puker Gustav who sticks out his tongue a lot has now got a yellow gold film on it. I just noticed it today, I looked on the Internet and I founs on some bloggs that it could be from reflux, has anyone had any experience with this and if so what to do? :unsure:

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have not noticed this on one of my girls before. I would call your pedi and ask about it.

3. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would call your Ped. I dont know.

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Not sure about a yellow tongue, I would also check with the ped. Let us know what you find out!

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with the others, I would call my pedi and ask them! :hug:

6. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Is it gold or white? Is it thick and can be scratched off? It's probably thrush and needs nystatin treatment from Ped.

7. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

SO later that day the yellow stuff was gone, I was at the doctors with him yesterday and the doctor said it was bile from his stomach. He checked him and said that we should wait and see if things improve on their own, try to nurse him sitting up and keep him up for awhile afterwards, my poor little puker! The good news was that he had gained a pound since we were there 3 weeks ago so he's still growing despite his tummy troubles.