Yikes! Don't think it can't happen to you!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by amelowe9, Sep 24, 2009.

1. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

This evening as DH and I were playing with our twins, there was a knock on the door. Two policeman were outside asking if everything was okay. Turns out one of our twins dialed 911 while playing with the phone! They were supernice about it--one commented that his child did it too!--but I felt bad and am not letting them play with the landline phone or my cell anymore!

2. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

I remember posting something very similar back in May of this year.
    my DD called 911 while my cell phone was LOCKED! We were at a hockey game. Of course since it was my cell they called me back and I answered and explained where we were and what had happened. Its so embarrassing!

3. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

My son called my mother on my cell phone and i had no idea. She was the last person I called, but my phone was locked. I was reading my boys a story, I guess Ryan got bored! haha

4. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

It can totally happen! DH and I were eating dinner the other night, and the kids were playing...and we didn't realize Kevan had sneaked upstairs to our bedroom.

DH's cell phone started ringing, which was weird because no one ever calls his cell at night -- turns out Kevan was calling him from our land line, LOL.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is always a good reminder, thank you!

6. debid

debid Well-Known Member

My boys did it too -- they used a "locked" cell phone swiped from my handbag. I had no idea up until that point that 911 still works even when locked or that they can dial a whole bunch of numbers and as soon as there has been a 9 and two 1s in the sequence (no matter how many numbers are in between), it will call 911.

Also, hitting the green phone button twice will call the last number dialed even if the phone is locked. My friend had this happen once when her phone was in her handbag and her boyfriend answered and then listened to a conversation we were having... about him. Oops.

7. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

We gave the girls our old cell phones to play with and sometimes they get a hold of our 'working' cell phones w/o us realizing it. So far there've been a few random phone calls, text messages and a video - yes a video - taken And sent to ppl. Thankfully we haven't had to experience the '911' call yet. We've been so lucky! [​IMG]

8. Kendra77

Kendra77 Well-Known Member

That exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. A policeman and a policewoman showed up at my door. I couldn't imagine what was going on. The woman asked to come in and then she asked if everything was okay. She said "There was a 911 call from here. "
    I said " Ohhh ! My son was playing with the phone."
    She seemed understanding. It can happen easily I guess.