Yikes, what is she telling me?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ahmerl, Jun 22, 2008.

1. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

I think little miss Lily, 13 mos., is trying to tell me she is ready to go to one nap. She has always needed less sleep than her brother; however, I cannot imagine the kind of schedule we will be on if we let her go to one. Right now they wake at 7:15 ish go down for nap 1 at 9:30 and nap 2 at 2:30 and bed around 7:30. For the past month Lily has been playing/fussing through 3 or 4 morning naps a week and she is also laying in her bed playing or fussing for an hour or more at night before falling asleep.

This is all fine and dandy; however, her brother, Jack, is a SLEEPER. He can do an hour and a half or a 2 hours in the morning and then again in the afternoon AND he goes right to sleep at night and wakes about 15 min. after his sister.

I work from home and have been able to get away with a nanny only 3 days a week from 9:30am to 1:30 pm as I can work during both their naps....if Miss. Lily only needs one nap then won't she be taking hers mid-day which means always a baby up. Great for bonding, not great for accomplishing.

YIKES! Do the signs she is giving say one nap to you?

2. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Probably. :hug99: But here is my suggestion. If the nanny is there 9:30-1:30.... then try and get her to nap later... say 12:30 pm after lunch? It would be hard to do... as it took mine a few weeks to move from 11:30 to 12:30 napping. Then she might sleep longer... say 12:30 to 2:30-3. That would give you the time for working and you could separate them so he can go in for his second nap when necessary. I hope it works out. :hug99:

3. cricket1

cricket1 Well-Known Member

is she teething? getting over a cold? allergies? I would try to keep to the two naps, maybe try to push them both back a little (for both kids) but it could just be a stage or an odd week. Mine went through odd patches but did not give up a nap until about 18 months. And even then it was hit and miss and one would miss one would not and they would both end up cranky until they adjusted

4. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I don't know. I wouldn't rush that! I would fight it harder. I think most of us have posted recently that we had them fighting it around that same age! I would tweak her schedule a bit. Maybe push her 15 to 30 min. later and make sure you try to get some good outside time or something before that nap! :hug99: Hang in there. I think you should stay and "fight".