You guys hear about Aqua Dots?

Discussion in 'General' started by momotwinsmom, Nov 7, 2007.

1. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

It was recalled. I posted about it here. It acts like Liquid Ecstasy, if ingested. :icon_eek: So if you have them, THROW THEM OUT!!!

2. billandginastwins1

billandginastwins1 Well-Known Member

OMG!!! I almost bought this system last week!!! My oldest DD asked for this for Xmas!!! One of my best friends said "I can see the twins eating those little balls!!!"

So I thought I would wait to buy until I asked some other people that have them. Thanks for posting.

3. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Thanks, Heather! I just called two friends who had bought them for gifts.

4. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I just bought the girls them for Christmas but now I might keep it for myself. (just kidding)

5. Tif3

Tif3 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Nov 7 2007, 06:14 PM) [snapback]486233[/snapback]
    I just bought the girls them for Christmas but now I might keep it for myself. (just kidding)

:rotflmbo:

On a serious note is anyone else getting really tired of the fact that we send everything to other countrys to get made and its starting put our families at risk?

6. Sue1968

Sue1968 Well-Known Member

I just saw it reported on NBC news tonight. Unbelievable! The (Chinese) manufacturer changed the chemical composition of the glue on the beads without notifying anyone. When eaten, the drug is similar to GHB - the date rape drug. At least two of the kids who were sickened are in the USA.

7. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

My SIL was asking me yesterday if she could buy these for the boys for Christmas. Thank goodness I didn't sound thrilled and I said I have to go look at them. So now I don't think so.

Cari

8. Babytimes2

Babytimes2 Well-Known Member

OMG! Thanks for the heads up! :eek:

9. twindependent

twindependent Well-Known Member

mmmmmmm....aqua dots......

Thank goodness I didn't buy any- I just saw them on the shelf at a store and I was like, they look like fun on the commercial! Little did I know.

As if my kids need to act any weirder!

10. SweetPeaTwinsx2

SweetPeaTwinsx2 Well-Known Member

Geezzz....this IS getting out of hand. Abby and Lilly have been asking for Aqua Dots......I wasn't going to buy it anyhow because I could just see those beads all over the house, but give me a break!!

I'm begining to wonder of the girls just need a few outfits & underwear! LOL :pardon:

11. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

Here in Australia they are called Bindeezs ? I think. A little boy was seriously ill from them. They didn't look to safe to me, having little beads that look like candy. What in the world are people going to buy their kids for Christmas this year -- scary.

Heather

12. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

TO make light of the situation, DH said he wanted to get some before they were snatched from the shevles and put them in my food (since I have no sex drive whatsoever right now)...lol. YES, he was TOTALLY joking, but it was funny!

13. Saiynee

Saiynee Well-Known Member

Oh my! I think my sister got my niece those! I better call her. The girls have been asking for it whenever they see them on t.v., but they are too young for them anyway.

ETA: I just called my sister, she did in fact buy them. She is returning them today.