You know you are a mommy when...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by natmarie, May 1, 2007.

1. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ames4 @ May 4 2007, 06:57 PM) [snapback]243862[/snapback]
    This is way TMI but...

You know you are a mommy when you have 3 in diapers and you can walk into the room and tell exactly which one pooped, just by the smell!!!! :rolleyes: :bad:

I know TMI, Sorry my DH finds this disgusting and hilarious!!!

I love it! That is so true!

2. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

I have another one...

When you can't take a shower or go to the restroom without having an audience or someone knocking on the door wondering where mommy went!

3. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

when you have to DVR your favorite primetime shows because you can't even stay awake until 10pm! :lazy:

when any tragedy on the news concerning a child makes you hysterically cry (and then you grab your sweeties and kiss them like there's no tomorrow and tell them you love them a thousand times!). :cray:

when their paci falls to the ground and to clean it you use your own mouth! :bad:

when you get excited that 75 puffs is one serving and only 25 calories!! :yahoo: Yummo!

4. lovafox

lovafox Well-Known Member

When you can correctly identify the food stains on a fellow mom's clothes :D

5. mandylouwho

mandylouwho Well-Known Member

You cry more at chick flicks..you know its hard to get that kind of romance anymore!! Romance? Whats that?? We have 2 minutes, lets do it!! :rotflmbo:

6. mom of one plus two

mom of one plus two Well-Known Member

You're shy but you don't care who sees your boobs as you pop them out to nurse almost anywhere.

7. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(PurpleNurple @ May 4 2007, 05:05 PM) [snapback]243709[/snapback]
    ....When your idea of "ME-TIME" is having a shower alone. A luxurious shower is getting to shave your legs.

this is sooooo me!!!! Some nights after dinner, before the kids are cleaned up I just look at dh with this begging kind of "can I go hibernate now?" look...then I dash upstairs, doing a little dance of joy along the way... I slam the bathroom door closed (and lock it!!!) turn the noisy fan on and have my own little piece of paridise!!! Meanwhile I've escaped the 20 minute clean-up ritual of the children, the bibs and the plates, etc... If I'm really lucky, I sneak quietly out of the shower and hibernate in my bedroom until the kids are ready for bed...if I'm really, really lucky dh will actually get them ready for bed!!!!! This has been happening a little more since I've been pg..woo hoo... I'm secretly trying to get dh over to putting all three kids down by himself... Just like before the twins came I got him in the habit of putting dd down to bed, the whole routine etc.... It's good for him!! And really helps in the transition with the next kid.... okay..sorry just had to hijack this thought for a little....

8. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Member

Found this post and had to comment. I know its kinda old but its So FUNNY!!! :rotflmbo:

You know you are a mommy when-

you see your husband's shoes are untied and you kneel down to tie them for him.

you are more interested in finding out what the clues that Blue left are leading to than what the clues on your favorite mystery drama lead to.

9. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

you know that Elmo's world comes on at 38 minutes past the hour and lasts until 56 min past the hour and you can get a load of laundry folded or the dishes done!

10. Angie26

Angie26 Well-Known Member

You know you are a mom when you and DH are reciting songs from Elmo's Top Ten Count Down and saying lines and the other one laughs at the line that you used.

I also can't go to the bathroom in peace and if I shut the door they swing it open.

Oh and when they go potty or poppy in the toilet and you act like a complete fool so that they know they did something right. (clap and sing poo poo in the potty)

11. lrothrock1

lrothrock1 Well-Known Member

When you can understand what they are saying, and repeat it for everyone else to understand.

When you love to stand over their crib, or bed while they sleep and just watch their faces!

12. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

..."mommy, my butt's buggin' me"
    so you bend him over your knee only to find a dog hair sticking out of his rectum! :icon_eek:
    ...And you dig it out without thinking twice about it!

:blink:

I am glad you resurrected this thread...it is hysterical and I have done ALL of it!

13. melslp13

melslp13 Well-Known Member

When you refer to yourself in third person more than Bob Dole ("Mommy loves you!")...
    When your neighbors call to see if everything is ok because of all the screaming at teething times...
    When you can hold a perfectly intelligible conversation over the phone with someone *usually another mom, while the children are screaming bloody murder in a temper tantrum right in front of you...

14. melslp13

melslp13 Well-Known Member

You know you're a TS Mommy when you get excited when you figure out how to add a signature!

15. p31heather

p31heather Well-Known Member

when you pull in to the Septic Pumping company in hopes they have a working toilet there so as to maintain successful potty training. !

when you are in a strange bathroom with stalls and you have to remind your kid(s) not to look under or go into other stalls.

16. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tazzymoto @ Jun 12 2007, 08:23 PM) [snapback]289909[/snapback]
    you are more interested in finding out what the clues that Blue left are leading to than what the clues on your favorite mystery drama lead to.

This is too funny. Not only do I find myself watcing it with the kids not even paying attention but I feel so dumb when he has all 3 clues and I can't figure the darn thing out :lol: :blush:

17. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

QUOTE(p31heather @ Jun 14 2007, 02:53 AM) [snapback]291538[/snapback]
    when you pull in to the Septic Pumping company in hopes they have a working toilet there so as to maintain successful potty training. !

OMG, did you really do this? :laughing:

Mine is very mundane, but it just genuinely happened to me, so I thought I'd chime in....

When you are at work and you look for something in your purse and pull out a weeks-old bag of half-crushed Cheerios.

Also, when you and DH start to talk to each other using the same language your toddlers use: "Mommy go work now Mommy's car!"

18. Karlene Rose

Karlene Rose New Member

.......When shaving your legs becomes a luxury.
    ......When eating while actually sitting (and able to finish) excites you
    ...... When conversations with friends consist mostly of talking to your kids.
    ...... When you are able to create miracles with ONE hand!
    (I have about a dozen more)

19. cmharper

cmharper Well-Known Member

When a co-worker tells you "there's something in your ear!" and you pull it out only to find it's the remnants of a cracker.

20. noahandjacobsmom

noahandjacobsmom Well-Known Member

When at the end of an exhausting day that could make you pull your hair out; you cry not because of the rough day but because of the hugs and kisses you get before bedtime.

21. twinboymomma

twinboymomma Well-Known Member

HA HA great post! I was at work today with a nice leather jacket on and reached in my pocket and found GOLDFISH crackers!

22. BillShiphr

BillShiphr Well-Known Member

Hello guys! We all should have a rest after all these days routine. So, I usually use this website to have a rest. I mean, there are many beautiful girls and of course, you have all chances to spend a night with one of them. I think this is a nice idea