You know you are pg with twins when....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mar66rus2, Jul 15, 2007.

1. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

I know this was done back in the winter, but we have a lot of new people here so thought I would start it up!

You know you are pregnant with twins when....

* Your MATERNITY bathing suit (and clothes) are starting to not fit you and you still have a few weeks left.

* You drop more things on the ground than you would not pg because nature and gravity know you cannot pick it up.

* You get stuck on the couch and try to fling your arms around hoping it will help you up.

* You can definetly survive a singleton pregnancy because you measure beyond that and are still functioning.

* You scope out twins when out and about (did this yesterday at the zoo).

* People look at you like a freak of nature because you ar so big (this one is starting to urk me).

Please add on....would love to hear!!

April

2. ihavesevensons

ihavesevensons Well-Known Member

You don't care what the shirt looks like, as long as it is COVERING you belly.

You see the following as an Olympic event and you are a contender: getting off of the couch in less then 1 minute, rolling over in bed in one continous movement, deep breathing.......etc!

You never realized how long 9 months REALLY is....LOL

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You only want to buy baby clothes that have 2 matching sets!

4. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

... People start treating you like a handicaped person, bc you are huge!
    ... People look at you like you dont belong in public bc you look like you might have the babies anytime!
    ... Your belly is totaly lopsided..

Had to add this one..

.. You go out for dinner and you dont fit into the Booth anymore... <_<

5. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AshleyLD @ Jul 15 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]331542[/snapback]
    .. You go out for dinner and you dont fit into the Booth anymore... <_<

This happened to me last night and I'm only 12 weeks! (to be fair, it was a very small booth)

I suddenly realized why they put tables in restaurants! :lol:

6. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mar66rus2 @ Jul 15 2007, 09:05 AM) [snapback]331479[/snapback]
    * You drop more things on the ground than you would not pg because nature and gravity know you cannot pick it up.

Last weekend, we were on our way out of town and stopped at McDonalds to grab something to eat. I got chicken nuggets (Miss Queen of Health over here :lol:) with honey mustard and set the dipping sauce up on the dashboard. When DH turned on to the highway, it goes sliding off on to the floor. I'm trying to reach it, but I can't and DH is laughing hysterically at me because I can barely reach past my knees!

Oh, I can't fit into booths either.

*People stop telling you that you look "cute" or "great" and start saying "oh my gosh, you're HUGE!"

*Other patients at your OB's office recognize you and start saying things like, "you're the one with twins, right" or "you're the twin lady!" :rolleyes:

*Your belly button has been missing since you hit 20 weeks.

7. debid

debid Well-Known Member

The booth thing has me cracking up. I actually looked at a hostess once and asked her if she was joking when she tried to seat me in a booth.

You know you're pg w/twins when you go to Wal-Mart at 30-some weeks to buy the cheapest sandals they have in a wide width with adjustable straps because you can't even wear your flip-flops after 10AM anymore.

8. marcy874

marcy874 Well-Known Member

These are all great!! I almost cried when the booth thing happened to me...my DH thought it was hysterical of course. I also had to buy bigger maternity clothes towards the end and even then GOOD LUCK finding a shirt that covered everything!!!

Thank you Crocs!!! They were all I wore towards the end.

**You know you're pg with twins when you feel like you need to defend your huge belly when out in public by letting everyone know that no you aren't 44 weeks pg, you're having 2.

**The multiples birthing class scares the crap out of DH because they tell you EVERYTHING that can go wrong with a twin pregnancy.

9. Susiepie

Susiepie Well-Known Member

You know you're pg with twins when people start asking you at 25 weeks how much longer you have left

**when you can't even walk around your house without bumping your belly into something!

**when you think it's wierd when you get a gift with only one outfit in it at your shower (and you continue to look for the other outfit) :wacko:

10. mar66rus2

QUOTE(Susiepie @ Jul 15 2007, 10:54 PM) [snapback]331812[/snapback]
    **when you think it's wierd when you get a gift with only one outfit in it at your shower (and you continue to look for the other outfit) :wacko:

OMG did that happen to you (well duh that is why you are posting it)?? Did the person know you are pg with twins? That, to me, is kind of rude and it is weird.

April

11. EllasMom

EllasMom Active Member

- You misjudge the distance it takes to clear your belly after brushing your teeth and end up with toothpaste all over (my dh loves this)!
    - You are one step away from buying Depends instead of panti liners to help with what the Dr's call
    "leaking..."

12. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

you know what an NST is

you had to buy maternity clothes and you are just 9 weeks along!

you have set up camp in the recliner because you can not sleep or even breathe laying down!!

you nearly had to spend the night in the tub at 21 weeks because dh was at work, the older kids had spent the night off and the phone was in the kitchen!!!!!

but just wait until both sides of your face are wet because you have two sweet babies giving you kisses (ok teething on your face!!!!) it is unbelievable and the sweetest thing ever!!!

13. threetimesblessed

threetimesblessed Active Member

Your friends, who used to giggle at you because you were so big so early, have stopped and now just look sorry for you and a bit shocked as well.

The same friends constantly tell you "you look great" even when you know it isn't true (and they know you know), but they keep saying it anyway because they are your friends.

People you have never met but who live in your development say "oh, you're the woman having twins" when you introduce yourself.

You try to pick out up a watermelon at the grocery store and realize it is impossible because your tummy is BIGGER than the watermelon.

14. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

When not even your extra long, extra large maternity shirts will cover up the panel on your pants!

15. vickyc76

vickyc76 Well-Known Member

* When you convince yourself that your black suede house shoes are ok to wear out in public.

* When you honk the horn when you pull up in the driveway so someone will come help you get out of the car!! ( I don't think I should've been driving at this point.)

16. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

when you can pee on demand!

17. Susiepie

Susiepie Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mar66rus2 @ Jul 15 2007, 05:56 PM) [snapback]331815[/snapback]
    OMG did that happen to you (well duh that is why you are posting it)?? Did the person know you are pg with twins? That, to me, is kind of rude and it is weird.

April

Yes!!!!! And she knew we were having twins! She gave me one dress and one bonnet and one teether...I kept looking for the other dress LOL!!!

18. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

You have to bring so much food to work (while you're still working), you have to bring an extra bag for it. (My colleagues got a huge kick out of that one.)

And when you're eating on the couch because you're on bedrest, you have to use your tummy as a table because you can't reach beyond it.

When you have to roll over in bed (while you still can), you push so hard on DH's shoulder, he says you're hurting him.

19. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

This one just happened to me last nite..
    .. When DH has to help you roll over in bed because you just cant do it anymore... :(

20. AWerner

AWerner Well-Known Member

QUOTE(debid @ Jul 15 2007, 04:19 PM) [snapback]331572[/snapback]
    You know you're pg w/twins when you go to Wal-Mart at 30-some weeks to buy the cheapest sandals they have in a wide width with adjustable straps because you can't even wear your flip-flops after 10AM anymore.

and you have to use the store electric wheel chair to get to them b/c your belly is so big and you hurt so bad you really can't walk that far

you FINALLY get up out of bed to get something, but when you get there you forget what it was you needed

you are on TS at all hours day and night

your shopping cart is filled with items you only thought you would have to buy as a senior citizen (Boost, Depends, Fiber tablets, antacids)

21. rudy893

rudy893 Member

You know you're having twins when:
    ** You don't bother to set the alarm to wake you or the hubby up anymore bc you have a regular bathroom schedule that wakes you up 10 mins before the "dang" alarm would've gone off anyhow. :lazy:

** You tell your brother, who's a Marine, that he's going to be the uncle of twin nephews soon & he offers to babysit, saying he's qualified for the job bc of his combat expierence!! :vava: :ph34r: :D

22. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

OOOPS....I thought this was the one for "mom of twins"...I can't remember any when you are pg with twins..

23. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Minette @ Jul 16 2007, 04:36 PM) [snapback]333396[/snapback]
    You have to bring so much food to work (while you're still working), you have to bring an extra bag for it. (My colleagues got a huge kick out of that one.)

When you have to roll over in bed (while you still can), you push so hard on DH's shoulder, he says you're hurting him.

hahahahaha!!!! these are so true!!! and as for the food... i now bring a huge cooler to work, cuz i pack so much water and snacks i was sick of carrying all the different bags... i get so made fun of for the cooler, and it takes up a ton of room in the fridge! :D

24. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

** You realize at the end of the day your underwear was inside out and backwards.** That sure explained the never ending wedgy!!

** You have to ask DH to help you get your pants on the right way because no matter how many times you take them off and turn them they still end up on backwards.**

** Someone points out to you that you have 2 different shoes on**

25. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

You howl with laughter when the maternity store suggests that you buy your clothing in your pre-pregnancy size! :rofl:

You don't howl with laughter when you have to buy maternity clothes yet another size bigger (*sigh*) :mad:

26. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(first_second_and_last @ Jul 17 2007, 10:13 AM) [snapback]334312[/snapback]
    You howl with laughter when the maternity store suggests that you buy your clothing in your pre-pregnancy size! :rofl:

I fell for this when I was first pregnant and now I have $400 worth of maternity clothes that are too small :(

27. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

You explain to your friends (who are laughing at you for using your Tide to Go pen on an avacado stain) that you have to keep your maternity top in pristine condition because it's the only one that fits, and that you hope they like turquoise because they'll be seeing you in that color a lot.

Going without underwear, pants, or both really sounds like a good plan. They don't really fit anyway.

That mumu your granny wore last week actually looks appealing.

28. mar66rus2

QUOTE(4lilmonkeys @ Jul 17 2007, 03:23 PM) [snapback]334334[/snapback]
    You explain to your friends (who are laughing at you for using your Tide to Go pen on an avacado stain) that you have to keep your maternity top in pristine condition because it's the only one that fits, and that you hope they like turquoise because they'll be seeing you in that color a lot.

I love my Tide Pen....in my purse at all time and use it all the time....even not pg, so not it is even worse!

April

29. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ddancerd1 @ Jul 17 2007, 03:44 AM) [snapback]333840[/snapback]
    hahahahaha!!!! these are so true!!! and as for the food... i now bring a huge cooler to work, cuz i pack so much water and snacks i was sick of carrying all the different bags... i get so made fun of for the cooler, and it takes up a ton of room in the fridge! :D

I'm nursing the girls and still bring a separate bag 'o food because I'm still eating like crazy!

And I knew I was pregnant w/ twins when I had to ask DH to help put my socks on...there was no going without in December in NH!

30. annelily2000

annelily2000 Well-Known Member

I noticed this, this morning....

You know your pg with twins when @ 23 weeks you have to wash the dishes standing sideways at the sink.

31. All Boys

All Boys Well-Known Member

OK, sorry if someone already said this... everyone is waking from naps so I couldn't make it through all the responses... love the cannot fit into the booth thing,... but ofr me...

*when I decided to wear DH's underwear :blush: and shirts instead of buy maternity clothes that would only be good for another month or 2. He is *big & tall* size... and I have such a long torso. My maternity shirts would not cover my whole tummy even if they fit in diameter... the undies thing was because I am too stingy to buy huge maternity undies that would only be good another month, this was our last pregnancy, plus I could not get out to try any on... :blink:

32. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

Let me remember....

- When you wear flip flops in January (in Montana) because no other shoes fit you!
    - When you are peeing for the 5th time in one hour.
    - When you have to "swing a leg" to get off of the couch you are lying on!

Drum roll please....

- When your father catches a complete stranger staring at your belly and anounces to the world "YUP she is gonna have to have plastic surgery to fix her belly this go round!" .... Thanks so much dad!

33. ihavesevensons

ihavesevensons Well-Known Member

~~when your older children are complaining because you have NO LAP LEFT for them to sit on and you are only 23 weeks pregnant

~~you have to buy "wife beater t-shirts" (sorry, I do not know what the real name is) to wear under your real clothes so that your belly stays covered

~~you wonder why people have a hard time believing that you still have 20ish weeks until your due date.....until you see a pic of yourself (sideways is even better)

34. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am getting the handicapped thing already and I am not that far along!

People just have to know you are expecting twins and suddenly you are more of conversation piece then Lindsay Lohan's drinking problem...

You get looks of pity from friends who have had one baby at a time...

Your mother or father looks up every little complaint you have to make sure that is normal for women who are pregnant with twins...

You remind your husband to love you when you are huge and raging like Godzilla ready to storm Tokyo...

The thought of Richard Simmons coming to your house to help you get out with a crane (when you are 9 months) doesn't not seem embarrassing and actually like a good idea...

Nurses at your OB office tell you how huge their last twin mother patient was. I was told this last week by a nurse....

35. kristen3525

kristen3525 Active Member

you know your pregnant with twins when people ask you when your due, and you have no idea what to tell them, because the due date really means nothing