You know your boy is pretty when...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by debid, Nov 29, 2006.

1. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Your waitress can't help but tell you that she can tell he's a boy because of his outfit but he sure looks like a girl [​IMG] I'm glad DH wasn't there to hear that.

2. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Your waitress can't help but tell you that she can tell he's a boy because of his outfit but he sure looks like a girl [​IMG] I'm glad DH wasn't there to hear that.

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

People think Andrew is a girl ALL the time. It doesn't matter how boyishly he's dressed. He's just so pretty [​IMG]

4. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Awww... that just means he is SO darn beautiful!

5. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

Yep, us too. Of course they are both beautiful, but Elliot has this longish curly red hair, while Clarissa looks like we gave her a crewcut (has never had a haircut). We could dress him in Bob the Builder and her in frilly pink dresses and people would STILL think that Elliot was the girl and Clarissa was the boy. Go figure . . .

DH has long beautiful curly hair and my grandmother used to say to him "it's a pity to waste such beautiful hair on a boy".

-Rachel

6. sandsmom

sandsmom Active Member

Its the same here too. Inspite of the pink and blue colours or frock (DD) and TShirt & Short (DS) differentiation, people still do the mistake. So I am not the only mother receiving these comments then.

DS has long eyelashes and DD has more tomboyish look. Waiting for DD hair to grow more (shaved her head twice with the hope that she will get thick hair). Hopefully after that people will recognize DD as girl with her ponytails [​IMG].

S&S mom

7. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 Well-Known Member

We have the same issue here too. Ian (ds) got the beautiful locks of blonde hair (that I can't bear to cut very often), and Kelsey got the straggles. Her hair will be pretty eventually but, people always come up and say, are they both girls????? I'm like, HELLO, he has on like a soccer shirt and jeans and she has a pink dress on...it is funny

8. 2for1

2for1 Well-Known Member

People say to me ALL the time, "Oh...a boy and a girl?" They are IDENTICAL boys for Pete's sake. Next time I'm going to ask which one they think is a girl.

9. shanm

shanm Well-Known Member

One woman told me Reed had to be a girl because his eyelashes were so long. LOL...at least I can laugh now [​IMG]

10. Moms2NTwins

Moms2NTwins Well-Known Member

lol how funny, my Dh is the same. I have people tell em all the time hos Joshie will have all the girl jealous because he has such long eyelashes [​IMG]
    It's be hard to mistake Joshie for a girl he just looks like a boy lol
    I put a headband on him once and even a dress once (shhh) and he would def. not be girl material lol