You know you're a mom when...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by SweetpeaG, Sep 29, 2008.

1. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

....you spend the evening thinking you smell urine, changing both boys into fresh PJs to be safe, only to realize after they've gone to bed that it is in fact your OWN shirt that reeks of urine after they've gone to bed. <_< I can only hope the urination occurred sometime during the bath dismount...how does one not notice they've been peed on?

2. megan smith

megan smith Well-Known Member

....you have changed 9 dirty nappies in a day! :blink:

3. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo:

You know you're a mom when...

DD has a cold. Gallons of snot are pouring out her nose. She asks, "Kiss?" Since she so rarely wants a kiss, you are delighted and give her a kiss. She turns and uses your mouth as a kleenex and rubs her goopy nose all over your lips. And not only are you not grossed out, you think, Aw, that's so sweet, she wanted a kiss.

4. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

You can simultaneously drive while picking up every dropped toy in the back seat because if they don't have that toy, they're gonna scream until you get it for them.

5. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

You're ready to catch anything that comes flying out of their mouth, whether it's chewed up food,paper, gum or puke.

6. FourKiddos

FourKiddos Well-Known Member

if your kids are dressed, teeth brushed and hair brushed - you had a good morning .... even if you only spent five minutes getting yourself ready!

7. debid

debid Well-Known Member

You prevent a child from falling with your leg while both arms are full and you're carrying on a conversation with someone... without a break in the conversation and barely a glance down.

8. agolden

agolden Well-Known Member

This is from an earlier era but...

When you look down and see a wet spot on your shirt you ask "am I leaking or is that only drool?"

That's when I really knew I was a mommy.

9. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Love 'em!!!

When you are at the store and one of them says "Boogie," without hesitation you use your shirt to blow your child's nose.

Note to self- GET TISSUES FOR PURSE!

10. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

When you can hold both legs and both arms of a supernaturally strong 15-month-old in your left hand during a poopy diaper change, even with tendonitis in your left wrist -- because to do otherwise would be disaster. :D

When you hum Backyardigans songs under your breath, by choice.

11. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

when i hear the sound of velcro followed by my son saying "BUM BUM BUM" and i run because i know he is naked :)

12. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

When you call your husband at work to tell him that your daughter (who appeared to be constipated) has POOPED! And he isn't surprised to field the call, just thanks you, is genuinely happy, and tells you that he'll see you tonight. As if this is a normal reason for a phone call.

13. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

When you dont have your kids in the car, it takes you 10 minutes for you realize you are listening to Barney or one of their other cd's that have taken over the radio in your car and you just shake your head realizing the precious time you have just lost where you could have been listening to what you want for once!

14. bridgeport

bridgeport Well-Known Member

.....the kids are at Grandma's house for the day, but you put their favorite video in anyway because it just feels too strange and quiet in the house without it.

15. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

You find yourself counting EVERYTHING out loud. Pointing to each object, as if you were reading to your kiddos.

I did this just the other day. DH and I were flipping through a catalog and saw a beautiful candle holder centerpiece we wanted to get and I said, "Ok, let's see, how many candles will we need to buy? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5." DH looked at me like I'd lost my mind and said quietly, "You had to count those five out loud? Couldn't you just see we needed to buy five pillars?" :lol:

16. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

QUOTE(BridgePort @ Sep 30 2008, 08:27 AM) [snapback]1004773[/snapback]
    .....the kids are at Grandma's house for the day, but you put their favorite video in anyway because it just feels too strange and quiet in the house without it.

I totally did this the other day.

When you have cups, paci's, diapers, wipes, extra food, anything that has to do with a child in your purse.

When you know what they are going to do before they even do it. (I hate going to someones non-baby proofed house.. I just see the kids run around like maniacs. I never get to "relax")

17. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

When all you want is a day to yourself but when all the stars align and you actually get that time to yourself, you find yourself a little lonely and missing your kids, and wondering what they're doing.

And when you perfect "the throw" of items from the driver's seat to the kids in the back, be it sippies, crackers, nuks, or toys.

18. april mcdaniel

april mcdaniel Well-Known Member

when you cant remember life without them.

when you say things your mom use to say to you

when you go to the bathroom woth at least 1 little rugrat sitting in there with you(sometimes on you lap--lol)

19. ceb023

ceb023 Well-Known Member

When you're at work and you reach in your bag to find a pen only to find that boudreaux's butt paste is smeared all over the inside of your purse. Wallet, make-up bag, keys, phone, all covered in butt paste. Then you remember that this morning you grabbed the tube of butt paste out of your son's mouth as you were heading out the door, threw it in your purse (why did you throw it in your purse????), and must not have realized that he chewed a whole in it. Lovely.

20. keejaylove

keejaylove Well-Known Member

when you talk about poop in terms of color, consistency, smell, etc. over dinner and aren't bothered in the slightest because talking about it is far better than wearing it, which you've done on several occasions

when you take the car seats out and the back seat of your new SUV looks like willy wonka and the leprechaun had a lucky charm festival back there while you weren't looking :banana:

21. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

All of my good ones are taken... but ill reiterate!

you know you're a mom when

you spend more time getting your children ready and presentable than you do on yourself

you have a child with you in the bathroom (sometimes on your lap)

poop and throw up dont faze you like they once did or you thought they would

when you happily feed all of your breakfast/lunch/dinner to someone else (your child :D )

22. Stinkpea

Stinkpea Well-Known Member

When your nanny calls you at work to tell you your LO went PoopY on the potty while you are in the middle of a meeting with your boss. And you just smile and say "thats nice" while carrying on your conversation.

When your DS so very proud of himself hands you poop as he went potty on a plastic chair instead of the potty. And you take the poop from him with your bare hands because you don't want it getting squished!!

23. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

you show up to play sand volleyball and there is a big pile of dried spit-up on your T-shirt shoulder and you never even realized it was there - the non-moms I play with just smiled and thought that I might be crazy

you can run down the sidewalk chasing a 2 year old while managing not to drop the baby-- neighbors think I am crazy for this one

a trip to the grocery store alone is a vacation

24. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

....you intentionally hide certain books of the kids' in an effort to maintain your own sanity.

....'sleeping in' and '7 am' can be used in the same sentence without sarcasm (and feel like a complete & utter luxury).

....all it takes is a simple, random 'i love you' or 'thank you' to make you forget all the crap they pulled that day and see life through the rose-colored glasses of parenting utopia once again.

25. kstar

kstar Well-Known Member

You say things like....

If you eat keep eating your snot you won't have any room for cheez-its. (yes I just said this to be DD the other day, who was slurping the snot running out of her nose...nice!)

26. anicosia

anicosia Well-Known Member

Going out means going to a McD's with a playground... Hey, at least dh and I can manage to have a conversation and maybe even eat our dinner.

When you are convinced that "Not me" and "I don't know" are the names of the two invisible children that live in your house. Come on... You know the ones I'm talking about.... They are the ones that pulled out the entire roll of TP and dumped out a bottle of shampoo.

Silence is a sound that scares you more than crashing.

When one child knocks your bff's drink over at lunch and the other looks at said bff and says, "It's okay Auntie J. It was a AX EE DENT. Mommy not mad at you." And you realize, you haven't had a lunch without something being spilled in at least a month.

When you have a car accident and while waiting for the tow truck, you start to clean all of the junk. After two grocery bags of toys, two car seats, a stroller, a box of wipes, a stack of cd's you haven't listened to in forever, two towels, a sheet, three sweaters, four changes of underpants, a potty, a roll of tp AND a first aid kit, you realize that all you have managed to do is find the place french fries and animal crackers hide to avoid death.

27. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

when you become aware of the amount of germs that are everywhere and you never cared before--like shopping cart handles and playgrounds

when you have to put your groceries on the floor between the seats because your double stroller takes up all the cargo space of your small suv

when you seriously start to consider a mini-van

when you accidentally call your dog your child's nickname

when you can't go to sleep at night until you get up and go see them asleep in their cribs one last time.

28. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

Good ones!

...when they reach out and hug you and say "I sorry" for the littlest thing.

...when a messy house now equates to a fun filled day of play.

...when they tell you that you are pretty, on your worst days.

29. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

when you put on a skirt and your DD goes "mommy princess!"

30. Angela0580

Angela0580 Well-Known Member

This is probably particularly for twins but you count everything out into even numbers, even you and your s/o's dinners. I always catch myself making sure Peter & I have the same amount of everything on our plates, and then think "what the heck am I doing? " lol.

31. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Oh, these are so awesome! Keep them coming! :)

32. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

You know you are a mom when you are driving around with the windows open, the radio on, singing and dancing- not caring what any other motorist or person on the street thinks! All of this in an effort to keep the two toddlers in the back awake until you can get them home. Because if they fall asleep even for a microsecond you know you just scr*wed yourself out of their afternoon nap... and Momma NEEDS them to take an afternoon nap (yes they are almost 19 months old... so what?!)

33. daasmommy

daasmommy Well-Known Member

When you get a night to yourself with DH (because all kids are at grandparents for a sleep over :banana: ) and all you want to do is sleep. :laughing:

When you can't find something you ask your three year old and she tells you right here mommy and hands you the item :FIFblush:

You watch the same Dinsey movie over and over and over and over in one day :blink: , because it is their "favorite" until the next movie comes out on DVD

You go through a whole list of names before you get the one you need (pets are thrown in there too)

You have to find that special stuff lovey (and will spend up to a half hour looking) so they will go to sleep :blush:

You join the PTO :good:

34. keejaylove

keejaylove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(momma*nic @ Sep 30 2008, 11:34 PM) [snapback]1006090[/snapback]
    Silence is a sound that scares you more than crashing.

hahaha!!! this one is my favorite...and so, so true. you know they're up to something when they're quiet... and you're scared to walk in and find out exactly what that something is...

35. marshall52204

marshall52204 Well-Known Member

...you go to the drive thru at the bank and all you have to fill out your deposit slip with is a crayon