You know you're a mom when...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by SweetpeaG, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Leighann @ Oct 1 2008, 01:58 PM) [snapback]1006951[/snapback]
    Because if they fall asleep even for a microsecond you know you just scr*wed yourself out of their afternoon nap

OMG this is so true!!!!!!!

2. missymack2003

missymack2003 Well-Known Member

Your clothes are covered with boogers, drool or food in no time.
    The bad habits your DH has are suddenly cute and funny coming from your kids.
    You accidently say "night-night" as you leave a group of friends.(my sister just told me she did this!)

MJ

3. laura519

laura519 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Shenelle @ Sep 30 2008, 02:31 PM) [snapback]1005226[/snapback]
    when you talk about poop in terms of color, consistency, smell, etc. over dinner and aren't bothered in the slightest because talking about it is far better than wearing it, which you've done on several occasions

when you take the car seats out and the back seat of your new SUV looks like willy wonka and the leprechaun had a lucky charm festival back there while you weren't looking :banana:

HA! That is hilarious! Lucky Charm Festival! That's awesome. :rotflmbo: The poop thing is SO true. I remember my aunt calling me when the girls were 1 month old and Gracie had not pooped in several days, so naturally I was frantic with worry (new mom). Well, just as I answer the phone, G lets loose and I whooped with joy. I told my aunt what happened and she said "Aw... you know you are really a mother when someone pooping is the highlight of your week!" And honestly, at one month old... it was!!

4. JennaPa

JennaPa Well-Known Member

When you can laugh hysterically at this post :lol:

When you're too tired to think of anything cute to add :cool:

5. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

You know you're a mom when...

...the sound of you finally getting to sit down causes your children to start fighting.
    ...you can't do anything without a person or persons sitting, climbing or hanging on you.
    ...those same people previously mentioned think it's ok to pinch, claw, paw and elbow every tender part of your body in order to get on your lap.
    ...the same people previously mentioned dig their claws into your boob and pull up the entire weight of their body causing you to scream in pain, look at you in confusion then say "sowwy!" therefore making everything all better. :)
    ...you take such a quick shower in the morning that you forget to rinse the conditioner out of your hair and it's a bonus, because it means you'll actually get a leisurely shower when daddy gets home. Or else. :girl_devil:

6. jdio33

jdio33 Well-Known Member

When you can't remember when your last shower was.

When you can't remember the last time you got to read a book.

When your excited for nap time (only b/c your really tired and need one).

When you get to wal-mart and look down only to see dried snot all over your shirt and you don't really care.

When you sing kids songs ALL day to yourself.

When you get PB and J crust for your lunch.

When the kids splash so much in the tub that you get just as wet as them.

this is so funny....I'm loving reading the responses! :rotflmbo:

7. keejaylove

keejaylove Well-Known Member

your kids are all squared away until the second you get on the phone, and suddenly they need a drink, help wiping, the movie started over, etc.

and amazingly you can accomplish all of these things at the same time

8. GenandThadsMom

GenandThadsMom Well-Known Member

When one of the kids spits up on you on your way out of the house, and you don't bother changing you just wipe it off with your hand and you're off!

When you can hold two children, make two bottles, and talk on the phone all at the same time. (My morning routine)

9. mizzkitty024

mizzkitty024 Member

Someone burps and you find yourself saying.."YAY.. that was a GOOOOOOD one!" hahah. I find myseld doing this all the time. :p

10. sellet04

sellet04 Well-Known Member

When your at school and ask the college professor if you can leave to go "potty"!

When the best part of your day is picking the kids up from daycare because the looks on their faces when you show up make you feel like you are the best person in the world.

When even when you are dog tired you can still muster up your last bit of energy to read a book at bedtime and tuck them in.

When at a funeral your little one is going around telling people "It'll be ok" because when he was at grandpa's house the choo choo left and he was upset so you told him "It'll be ok." But it made everyone feel better anyway because he is so cute!

When you are sleeping and two little monsters climb up in your bed and give you kisses to wake you up. So sweet! Then when you are awake they need carebears, blues clues, mickey mouse club house, tigger, clifford, play dough, breakfast, potty, and most importantly pink milk.... Oh Dear God another day is starting!

11. Andrea415

Andrea415 Active Member

-As you put your daughter on the bus in the morning she is all clean, fed, hair combed, lunch money ect. is in her backpack and you are standing there in ladybug mud clogs over pink strip slipper socks, jogging pants (you had plans to work on the treadmill before the morning rush but instead spent 20 min looking for a lost paci) your husbands fleece shirt which you buttoned incorrectly and your hair is up in a half a ponytail.

-You can disprove the theory of relativity by running up the stairs faster than the speed of light when you here the words ‘I got an idea’ uttered from your DD to her sister over the monitor.

I love these everyone please keep sharing :D

12. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

You go to the grocery store with your hair in a messy bun, no makeup, wearing a green sweatshirt and blue pants, shoes with no socks and you are the friendliest one there.

13. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

QUOTE(jdio33 @ Oct 2 2008, 09:05 AM) [snapback]1008299[/snapback]
    When your excited for nap time (only b/c your really tired and need one).

All your responses cracked me up, but this one is soooo true. I know you meant their nap time but you never realized before kids how lovely it is to take a nap during the day. that was the first thing I wanted to do the first time someone took the babies for the whole day. I took a two hour nap at 2pm!!! :eek:

14. ChanceKathleen

ChanceKathleen Well-Known Member

when you tell everyone in sight that your son just pooped in the potty! yay! *lol*

When it's 2pm and you've realized that everyone has been dressed and fed except for you.

15. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

...you finally get a day off to do some shopping and relaxing and mysteriously find yourself in Gap Kids and Gymboree.

AND

...people are constantly telling you that your children are adorable but you look tired!

16. EMc2

EMc2 Well-Known Member

These are hilarious!
    You know you're a mommy when:

You're the primary interpretor of "jibberish"...."O-tay" means lotion...duh!?

When there's a funky smell in the car and you KNOW it from a undiscovered diaper you can't manage to find anywhere!

17. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

When you get into an animated discussion about the merits of Steve v. Joe (from Blues Clues) over glasses of wine on mom's night out.

In the same vein, when the next discussion is about whether you'd pick Greg or Anthony....

And, you're truly disappointed when Greg is unexpectedly out with an illness at the Wiggles concert, even though your 22-month-old kiddo doesn't even notice.

:D

18. cricket1

cricket1 Well-Known Member

You cut up your husbands sandwich.

You can not remember if you brushed your teeth today

You go to point out the cool truck/constuction site or train to an empty car when you are driving by yourself.

You break out with "the sailor went to sea, sea, sea//" for no appearant reason.

19. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

You finally get to run some errands alone and don't realize until about 30 minutes into the trip that you've been rockin' the Laurie Berkner Band as loud as you can stand it in the car...while singing along to every word.

20. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

QUOTE(girls! @ Oct 5 2008, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1012710[/snapback]
    You finally get to run some errands alone and don't realize until about 30 minutes into the trip that you've been rockin' the Laurie Berkner Band as loud as you can stand it in the car...while singing along to every word.

I am so glad I heard about her here on TS! I love her (And so does dh! He even has a favorite song) and the boys love her too!

21. Britten

Britten Well-Known Member

....you take off your bra and cheerios fall out....

22. dan&gab2007

dan&gab2007 Active Member

Your i pod is filled with Wiggles songs and you can do every dance move with your toddlers.

23. debid

debid Well-Known Member

QUOTE(sunshinetwins @ Oct 6 2008, 07:21 AM) [snapback]1013287[/snapback]
    ....you take off your bra and cheerios fall out....

:rotflmbo:

You empty your washing machine and there are coins, rocks, and something squishy & unidentifiable in the bottom.

24. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(debid @ Oct 6 2008, 10:20 AM) [snapback]1013514[/snapback]
    :rotflmbo:

You empty your washing machine and there are coins, rocks, and something squishy & unidentifiable in the bottom.

And for those with girls, barrettes... I cannot tell you how many barrettes I have washed!

25. Irish38

Irish38 Well-Known Member

-you've been pooped, puked, sneezed, peed and bled on

-you've made an Ipod playlist of your personal favorite Wiggles songs for working out

-even dead tired at 3 AM, you can't help smiling and thanking God for the softness of your baby's cheek as he cries on your shoulder

26. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

QUOTE(cricket1 @ Oct 4 2008, 02:45 PM) [snapback]1011745[/snapback]
    You go to point out the cool truck/constuction site or train to an empty car when you are driving by yourself.

Guilty! :lol:

a trip to the OB (alone) with a good book and a behind-schedule doctor feels like a mini vacation.

27. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

you take off your bra and cheerios fall out....

this happened to me!!! i about died laughing when it happened

you know you're a mom when you're in a store and immediately turn around at a baby's cry and then you remember your kids are at home...

when every other child you see when you're out and about reminds you in some way of your own....

28. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

When you are so disgusted with the acne you get around the time of your period and your son looks at the one by your chin with great concern and in a sweet voice says, "mommy boo-boo". No honey, Mommy is just gross! :laughing:

29. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

when you show up at a Twin Mom meeting with marinara fingerprints all over the shoulders of your shirt. :rolleyes: