Your babies smiled at what corrected age?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by lbrooks, Nov 2, 2007.

?

What corrected age did you see social smiles?

1. 6 weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 7-8 weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 9-10 weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. later than 10 weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking this poll. I am so worried about my girls not smiling yet. They are 8 weeks, 4 weeks corrected. I'm worried that something is wrong. Maybe this is normal and I'm hoping that's what this poll will show.

2. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Mine were between 11-12 weeks before we got a good social smile out of either of them so I voted between 7-8 weeks. They kind of smiled before that but after 11-12 weeks that's when they started smiling at me and DH when they saw us, when others smiled at them, etc.

3. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Mine were easily 12-16 weeks actual (1-2 months adjusted) for a "real" social smile.

4. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

Thanks...I guess there's hope that they will smile in this lifetime. :rolleyes:

5. pdxpeach

pdxpeach Well-Known Member

I'll happen do stress to much about it. They will hit their milestones.

6. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Mine started smiling at 4-5 weeks adjusted age. It should be right around the corner! And keep in mind there's a HUGE range of normal for all the milestones, and you're still really early. (Always use adjusted age.)

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

I think first smiles were around 7-8 weeks, and frequent smiles were around 10-12 weeks.

8. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

None of my 4 started smiling until about 3 months. We had a few fleeting smiles before then, but nothing regular.

9. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

mine were 3 months plus some... thought one of my DSs must hate me, or need anti-depressants! LOL! He's the biggest ham there is now, though! :D