your belly and skin

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by bethst, Nov 21, 2009.

1. bethst

bethst Active Member

So, since im thinking about it im going to ask. what does your belly look like and do you have extra skin? My twinkies are almost 5 weeks old now. And my belly still looks weird. I have extra skin from carrying twins. Will this tighten up at all? Iknow that the redness from the strech marks will fade in time but it is a shock to see what I look like from belly button to pelvic bone. what are your thoughts (besides get a good plastic surgon) Am I going to have to get a bigger jean size for the extra skin? Thanks ladies!

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine tightened up somewhat but I still have extra loose skin there that I don't think will go away. You can't really tell with clothes on though so it's no big deal.

3. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

I have the twin skin as well. My stomach tightened up, but I still have the skin if that makes sense. It will never go away unless I get surgery.

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine has tightened up a lot but the skin is still a bit loose & definitely nowhere close to what it used to be. My doctor said the only way to get rid of it is surgery.

5. JoellePotter

JoellePotter Well-Known Member

I have no stretch marks and no loose skin, so it is possible! I don't know if you have stretch marks, but it is possible to not have loose skin! I weigh less than I did before I got pregnant

6. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

i had a c-section and gained a whoppnig 50lbs with the pregnancy. a lot of it was due to excessive swelling from pre-eclampsia but nevertheless i went from 143lbs to 193lbs.

for the first 2 1/2 to 3 months i had gotten back down to my pre-preggo weight but then gained a few pounds. i'm currently 4 months post pardum and i've lost all of the weight plus a few pounds. i don't really have the dreaded excess skin but my "pooch" still hasn't completely disappeared. i'm fiting into all my pre-preggo clothes now and they are a little loose but my waist and hips and wider.

7. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

It gets better all of the time! I was gigantic and was mortified by the look of my belly until recently. I still have a little extra skin but it has gone down a lot. I have heard that it progressively gets better through the whole first year PP. My stretch marks have faded already which is nice. I plan on getting a tummy tuck after I am done having all the babies my heart desires!

8. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

I lost my twin pregnancy weight really fast but I still have a little extra skin above the c-section incision. I've exercised to get all toned up and sorry to say but that skin stayed the same. I was told the only way to fix it is to have a tummy tuck, which I hope to do someday. I could still fit in my normal size jeans, but I don't like the way it looks especially in a swimming suit.

9. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

I have lost almost all the baby weight. However I do have loose skin where my belly used to be perfectly flat. I miss my old tummy! I don't think I'll ever do a tummy tuck. I'd take new boobs over a perfectly flat tummy!

10. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Mine got a lot better from 5 weeks to about 9 months PP. At 5 weeks I still looked several months pregnant! By 9 months or so, I had lost all the weight, but my tummy is still very stretched and it sticks out from the abdominal separation. It was never flat before, but now it's much worse. I would do a tummy tuck if it weren't incredibly expensive and painful - but since it is, I probably never will. I am back in my old size (and actually weigh less than I did before I got pg), but couldn't fit back into most of my old jeans because my belly is just bigger.