Your favorite activities with your babies/toddlers?!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by amelowe9, Aug 3, 2009.

1. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

Lately we've been doing more and more activities together and it's so much fun! We have music class and gym class during the week, and I'm always on the lookout for free activities like storytime at the library or local bookstore. What activities do you enjoy doing with your little ones?!

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We like to dance, read together. I like to show them little nursery rhymes on You Tube (Wheels on the Bus is their favorite), sidewalk chalk, drawing, they like to go out and splash in the water and we do swim class.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We play at the playarea at the mall, and at a fenced in playground when it's not too hot out.

4. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

wow, that's great you can take yours to story time by yourself:). mine never sit still in mommy and me (sue's) or in gym class. they always wander off! so, i am not brave enough to do story time by myself.

my faves are things we do as a family--going to parks, ball games, restaurants, etc. w/the boys alone i think my fave is taking them for walks. we've started going in the wagon now, so they don't fall asleep--and we can talk about everything we see (ok, so i talk, and they grunt, say their own types of words, etc). i do like taking them to classes, too, because their very outgoing personalities never cease to amaze me!

:), jl

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Last summer when they were in the SY my favorite thing was to play in the backyard with them- have a picnic, read a story, play with sidewalk chalk, blow bubbles.

This summer they are much better about staying close to me so my fav things are bringing them to the library, going to the beach, and still playing outside and looking at all the fun things out there (bugs, flowers, dirt, etc etc).

6. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

We have started to try to do some art each day -- colouring mostly. We still have one crayon eater though which holds things back. It is short but fun. Markers seem to be better than crayons. We go to a mothers group and they get to play with different toys, music and new kids. I like one -on -one time just to walk around outside, go to the pet shop, grocery store, walk the mall, etc. I love to read books to them, and they are so much better now that they are older and not a huge fight like when they were younger.