Your favorite parenting books for toddlers

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MarchI, Nov 21, 2010.

1. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Every now and then, I break out the parenting/child rearing books to see what I am doing wrong or could be doing differently. I realize my children will be warped but I don't want them too far off center. I opened "What to expect, the toddler years" and their steller advice on twins was "make sure you can tell them apart". So, I quickly put the book down.

Are there any twin toddler books? Something that goes into how to keep the harmony without buying 2 sets of everything? I'd like to hear any book recommendations.

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

3. shelbaz

shelbaz Well-Known Member

I don't have a recommendation, but just saw that twin gem in the What to Expect-The Toddler Years as well.

Good lord, is it so hard to write a decent toddler guide with some emphasis on twins?

Looking forward to any suggestions as well...

4. carlylafont

carlylafont Well-Known Member

I am currently reading, "Buddhism for Mothers of Young Children: Becoming a Mindful Parent",by Sarah Napthali

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1742371922/ref=oss_product

I am enjoying it because it reminds me to not be so reactive, but proactive. Granted, it is not really for dealing with twins but dealing with yourself and how you interact with your kids.

As for twin advice: I find these forums to be the most useful:)

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Carly, I will be getting that book. :thanks: for the recommendation!

6. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Me too!!! I keep meaning to pick up and read some parenting books, but I get so much good practical advice here that I haven't felt like I needed it. :pardon:

7. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

I so wish I had the energy and the writing skills and the know-how to write a great twin-specific toddler book. :huh: