Your favorite sippie cup

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by hsuter, Jul 27, 2009.

1. hsuter

hsuter Well-Known Member

Just wondering what kind of sippie cup you use. We have nuby, avent, and the take n toss ones. Take n toss ones obviously leak when they throw them around. The avent ones have leaked some. And the nuby leaks sometimes...mostly because when they bite the spout it flows into their mouth pretty fast so they leak it out of their mouths.
    I dont know if they will quite understand the hard spout yet? I dont know. Just looking for something durable that doesnt leak!

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've used the Playtex Stage 2 & 3 cups with all 5 of my kids. They are cheap & they don't leak very much (a few drops will come out if they are dropped, but you aren't going to get away from that, at least not that I've found).

3. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

One of my girls uses the graduates sippy it has a hard spout and smaller handles. she didn't like the nuby (i think the spout was too wide for her), so i thought i would try something with smaller handles and she took to it very well. it hasn't leaked at all.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

When ours first started with sippy cups, they loved the Nuby soft spout ones (I hated them because of how easy they leaked) and eventually we were able to transition from them to the Munchkin straw cups which still spills a little bit when there is stuff left in the straw. Good luck with your decision!

5. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

we started with the playtex stage one cup, but DD could never really get the hang of tipping it up to get the liquid to come out, she would just suck on the spout. so i tried the munchkin straw cup and she loves it, it took DS a week or so to figure out the straw part, but now they are doing great with them. like nancy said, if there is liquid left in the straw that doesn't flow back into the cup or if they dribble into the cap where the straw flips down, it will leak a little, but not really that much...

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ditto that! I still have cups from my first ds who is now 7 that I use, love that all you have to replace is the valve and it's a cheap 2 pk to replace them!

The newer ones I got for my dd, I noticed the "label" is peeling off, which sucks. It's like a plastic coating almost like saran wrap. I just peeled it all off and now the design is wearing off faster, the ones my ds had weren't made like that and the designs still look like new! There's "innovation" for you! :rolleyes:

7. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

Also my favorite because I could get them easily at Walmart and they are insulated, so I don't worry as much about him drinking milk that's been left out for a little bit.

Also liked the Gerber Sip & Smile for the same reason. Plus, the Gerber ones clean a little better in my opinion. The Playtex ones can get stuff up in the crevice of the spout and I have alot of trouble getting it out. The only one that my DS absolutely refused were these...something about the spout, he'd never use it.

8. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have that problem too! I try to make sure I clean in there every time I wash them so it doesn't happen but it is difficult!