Your Favorite?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by vivalalexa, Oct 26, 2007.

1. vivalalexa

vivalalexa Well-Known Member

Hey Ladies!

Making some last touches to my Target registry and was going to add diapers, wipes, rash creams and bathing stuff.
    What do you recommend or what is your favorite? ... For newborn - 6 months old ...

Thanks for any input!!

2. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Making some last touches to my Target registry and was going to add diapers, wipes, rash creams and bathing stuff.
    What do you recommend or what is your favorite? ... For newborn - 6 months old ...

I thought I would use Desitin but ended up loving the Boudreauxs-Butt-Paste. Such a strange name for a product but it works so well.

I loved Pamper swaddlers for the beginning and thought I would continue to use Pampers as they got older but they got a rash after using the reg. pampers (the size after swaddlers which I think is 3) so I had to switch to Huggies.

I like the pampers sensitive wipes

I use Johnson and Johnson now but at the beginning I used a brand called Mustela. It is for sensitive skin.

3. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

QUOTE(vivalalexa @ Oct 26 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]468709[/snapback]
    Hey Ladies!

Thanks for any input!!

diapers: pampers swaddlers for newborn & now pampers baby dry
    wipes: huggies wipes
    rash cream: desitin creamy
    bathing stuff: aveeno creamy wash & lotion

good luck with your babies,
    Missy

4. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

Hey Ladies!

Thanks for any input!!

Diapers - Swaddles for newborns and then Costco Kirklands afterwards.
    Wipes - I love the Costco Kirkland ones but I also like Huggies Supreme
    Rash Cream - I am all about the Desitin, although I also use Corn Starch sometimes. Not that they have really had a rash yet!
    Bathing stuff - Johnsons and Johnsons Head to Toe and then Johnsons Bedtime Lotion!

5. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(vivalalexa @ Oct 26 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]468709[/snapback]
    Hey Ladies!

Thanks for any input!!

Diapers - Pampers Swaddlers...love them...they are still in them.
    Wipes - Pampers Sensative
    Rash Cream - Desitin
    Bathing stuff - Johnson & Johnson Bedtime. I use it all...even during the day if they are fussy and haven't slept. I love it!

April

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

my girls are 9 months and still wear only Pampers swaddlers - they are the softest - I dred the day they don't fit anymore!
    we also use Butt paste
    and pampers sensitive wipes
    my girls break out if we bathe them in anything other than Dove hypoallergenic soap (it's a bar soap found in the big people soap section - it is GREAT - )

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

7. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Diapers: Huggies if they are preemie size, Pampers swaddlers for nb to size 2-3 (unfortunately thats the biggest they come)
    Wipes: Huggies Natural Care unscented
    Diaper cream: California baby (don't know if they sell that at Target though)
    Bathing stuff: J&J head to toe body wash, baby cream, and baby shampoo.

Oh, and congratulations!!!

ETA the congratulations!

8. kim j

kim j Well-Known Member

Pampers swaddlers when they were newborn - love them!
    I live by Desitin! Have tried it all and for me, Desitin works best - hands down
    J&J bedtime bath and lotion. We ALL love this stuff. The girls will be squirming, squirming on the table after baths - yet when I put the lotion on my hands and rub them together - they totally lay still, lay their arms back and grin - they love being lotioned up!!
    I have tried generic wipes and hate them!! I like huggies shea butter - but It's because I've had coupons - I'm sure any name brand will be pretty good. But for your registry - go for the good stuff! :D

9. vivalalexa

Thank you sooo much ladies :)

10. twinmommy2ank

twinmommy2ank Well-Known Member

QUOTE(vivalalexa @ Oct 26 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]468709[/snapback]
    Hey Ladies!

Thanks for any input!!

[SIZE=12pt]Hey There!

I was so thankful for my baby showers and registries.

Diapers: Huggies Supreme: We always had used Huggies and loved them but now that the TWINkies are mobile the supremes flex to them so they don’t get any sore spots between their little rolly leggies!

Wipes: Pampers Sensitive Wipes & Huggies Sensitive Wipes. I really like the Pampers for Travel purposes because they can come in their individual packets when you buy bulk and at home we utilize the Huggies Sensitive when you buy in bulk they are just 2 big bags compared to Pampers you get the 4 individual packages!

Rash Creams: We started with Desitin and that was good. My little princess is very sensitive so good o’l A & D Ointment does the trick, plus no messy white stuff everywhere!

BedTime and Bath Time: We love the Johnsons & Johnsons Lavender Bed Time Collection for shampoo and lotion. Body Wash by Johnson and Johnson head to toe is wonderful too!
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]P.S. HAVE YOU HAD YOUR BABY SHOWERS YET????
    If not: Do a Diaper Raffle it’s the best. Dh & I didn’t buy the twinkies diapers for like 5 months of their life. Because of these Diaper Raffles!
    [/SIZE]

11. vivalalexa

No the shower is on Nov. 18th. And it is going to be pretty large 30-40 people. Only about 5 of my friends have kids too so they are usually willing to go all out :)
    What is a diaper raffle??
    I can't believe I'm going to be 32w5d at my shower...I'm gonna be grumpy!!

12. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Diapers: Pampers
    Wipes: Pampers sensitive
    Bathing: Johnson and Johnson
    Rashes: A&D, although I know a bunch of people that swear by the Boudreaux's Butt Paste

13. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

Since MIL and my mom splurged on most of the baby gear, our baby showers ended up being diaper and wipes events...we have yet to buy a single diaper or wipe...PLUS the people who made up the invites specified huggies diapers (there are no swaddlers here in mexico) so that's all we've used, huggies and huggies supreme, but now we are up to size 3 and i hate hate hate them, they have this tight elastic waistband and are too narrow for my chunky monkey--but maybe the american ones don't have that problem....BUT i still have 3 costco boxes of them, so i'll just deal until we are all out

that said:

diaper rash cream: balmex
    wipes: pampers sensitive
    bath products: johnsons bedtime bath, which i just looooove but DS has sensitive skin and we moved him to mustela as per dr recommendation

good luck and congratulations!!

14. becky5

becky5 Guest

Diapers: Pampers first, then Costco brand
    Wipes: Costco
    Bath soap: J&J Head to Toe
    Diaper Rash: Boudreaux's
    Lotion: Baby Magic...love the smell!

Best of luck!

15. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

Diapers- Huggies, B gets a rash from the swaddlers.
    Wipes- Any sensitive wipe that "pops" up - I hate digging for them
    Diaper cream- Desitin Creamy
    Bath- I got so much as shower gifts w/out registering, I just use what's around, but I liked the Aveeno.

16. twinmommy2ank

twinmommy2ank Well-Known Member

QUOTE(vivalalexa @ Oct 26 2007, 05:37 PM) [snapback]468863[/snapback]
    No the shower is on Nov. 18th. And it is going to be pretty large 30-40 people. Only about 5 of my friends have kids too so they are usually willing to go all out :)
    What is a diaper raffle??
    I can't believe I'm going to be 32w5d at my shower...I'm gonna be grumpy!!

[SIZE=12pt]The Diaper Raffle is great.

You put a little reminder in each invitation. For each Package of Diapers (The ones you will be using) so be specific. Here is my blub: For each package of diapers you bring regardless of size of package you will receive one entry into our Special Raffle.

So we got lots of people that just picked up a Costco Size box for us or lots that picked up 2 small packs and they were entered into our raffle.

Prize: We went to Big Lots and bought a really nice coffee set, it had the little cups, saucers, thing for milk and sugar all on a bigger platter for like $25.00 bucks so the price of one package of diapers. We ended up getting so many packs we had to store them with my mom and dad at their house!
    [/SIZE]

17. jcs

jcs Well-Known Member

Diapers: pampers swaddlers (Loved these!), then cruisers.
    Desitin for rash
    We don't have a target, but I loved the Target wipes when I was visiting In laws.
    We buy Pampers sensitive, unscented wipes.
    I use Avalon Organics Baby shampoo & soap. You can get it at Whole Foods and other specialty stores.
    It lasts FOREVER, and it is very mild and has no "bad" chemicals in it. It is cylindrical and has a green top and a yellow rubber ducky on it. I've used it for 7 months and am still on my second bottle. A little goes a long way.

18. Babytimes2

Babytimes2 Well-Known Member

Diapers: Pampers Swaddlers and then Cruisers
    Wipes: Pampers or Huggies (can't remember which) for sensitive skin and then plain Huggies fragrance free
    Bath stuff: I used the stuff we brought home from the NICU until it was gone and then we used Johnson and Johnson Head to Toe
    Diaper rash stuff: Again, the stuff from the NICU (it was a prescription) until it was gone and we've used everything under the sun since then :)

19. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

QUOTE(vivalalexa @ Oct 26 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]468709[/snapback]
    Hey Ladies!

Thanks for any input!!

diapers- Pampers Swaddlers and then Pampers Cruisers
    wipes- Pampers Sensitive Wipes (white container)
    rash cream- Balmex
    bathing stuff- J&J Head to Toe, J&J Baby Shampoo and if they are having some baby dandruff I used the Mustela Baby Dandruff Shampoo

Congrats and good luck to you!!

20. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

We have always used Pampers swadlers for the first 3 months and now Pampers Baby dry during the day under their clothes (they seem less bulky to me) the swadlers really are great though.
    Pampers sensitive wipes
    We have used Desitine Creamy but also use plain A&D ointment and they haven't had a diaper rash yet.
    I love all of the Aveeno baby products for washing, hair, and lotion
    DON'T FORGET THE AQUAPHORE I love that stuff and it is kind of pricey but works great for any little rash or dry skin on face or anywhere.
    Congratulations on the twins!

21. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Pampers -- first Swaddlers and now Cruisers

Pampers Sensitive Wipes -- love how soft these are

My DD has mild eczema (I think), and DS has very dry skin, so I use only Cetaphil wash and Dove unscented soap for them, plus Cetaphil lotion. Makes me sad, because they don't smell like babies, LOL. But I use the J&J stuff for my 3-year-old!

We haven't had diaper rashes yet -- I really lube them up with plain Vaseline at every diaper change. But I like plain Desitin (not creamy), as well as Dr. Smith's ointment.

22. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Diapers - when they were teeny tiny I used swaddlers and Huggies and once they hit size 3 I've used nothing but Huggies Supreme - both of my kids are SKINNY and the Huggies Supreme stretches so far I can wrap the tabs from hip to hip!

Wipes - Huggies (usually Shea Butter)

Ointment - plain A&D Ointment (in the yellow and white tube)...when that fails to work then Butt Paste

Bathtime - the J&J Bedtime bubble bath, and regular Head to Toe body wash - but I've just gotten separate J&J Baby Shampoo and the Shea and Cocoa butter body wash - I'm hoping it will help alleviate the dry winter skin...for lotion I LOVE the J&J Baby Creme (its in a pink tube rather than bottle and is thicker than the baby lotion in the bottle)....

23. first_time_mommy_2_be_twins

first_time_mommy_2_be_twins Well-Known Member

This is what we used/use

Diapers: Pampers Baby dry or Luvs whichever is cheaper (they are both made the the same company and are essentially the same diaper as far as I can tell)

Wipes: Huggies

Washes/lotions: Huggies or Gerber Grins n' Giggles

Rash ointment: I used A&D with every diaper change when they were little to prvent rashes (the clear kind in the brown/white box). And used/use Desitin Creamy or Johnsons 3in1 for rashes.

24. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

Here is what we use now....

~Diapers- Pampers baby fit (or swaddlers for newbies) and Huggies overnights for when they are bigger and while they are still eating at night
    ~Wipes- Huggies 100% I will not use anything else ever!!!!
    ~Lotion- I like the Huggies sensitive skin it is really soft and smooth feeling.
    ~Shampoo- any old brand, they all seem to do the trick for us, I just choose by which smell I like the best! :D And we just use shampoo for head and body cleaning. I have also got a ton of Huggies wash clothes with the soap already in them, we havent tried them yet but they seem like they would really be the ticket for travel.

25. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinmommy2ank @ Oct 26 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]468823[/snapback]
    [SIZE=14pt]P.S. HAVE YOU HAD YOUR BABY SHOWERS YET????
    If not: Do a Diaper Raffle it’s the best. Dh & I didn’t buy the twinkies diapers for like 5 months of their life. Because of these Diaper Raffles!
    [/SIZE]

Ditto this... at our shower everyone brought a package of diapers or wipes in order to be entered in three rafles for door prizes!! We didnt buy diapers or wipes for 3 months!!!