Your height vs. how far along were you?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by HT, Jan 16, 2007.

1. HT

HT Well-Known Member

I was amazed at how late many of the women in another post delivered their twins. I've also read in several books that taller women can carry multiple babies closer to term because they have more stomach room. Just wondering if this means short women deliver earlier.

2. HT

HT Well-Known Member

I was amazed at how late many of the women in another post delivered their twins. I've also read in several books that taller women can carry multiple babies closer to term because they have more stomach room. Just wondering if this means short women deliver earlier.

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I'm 5'6 and I delivered at 34 weeks (I went into labor a few days shy of 27 weeks though).

4. txtwinmom2b

txtwinmom2b Well-Known Member

I am 5'4 and delivered at 34 weeks. I had PTL at 28 weeks though

5. mom23cuties

mom23cuties Well-Known Member

I'm 5'6" and gave birth at 41 weeks [​IMG]

Lisa

6. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

5'4'' and delivered at 34w4d. Started having pre-term labor at 24 weeks.

7. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

I am 5'11" and although I've only had a singleton before this pregnancy...he had to be induced to finally get out of there. My OB this time around said that because I'm tall, the twins have more room to hang out, and my body will be less likely to trigger labor. I hadn't thought about that at all until she brought it up!

Reyna

8. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

I'm 5'1" and not even dilated as of my 32+2 week appt. But, I am very petite, and my OB has had me on mostly bedrest since around 20-22 weeks, so that may be why...

9. pam2baby

pam2baby Well-Known Member

I'm 5'6 and I delivered right at 36 weeks due to pre-eclampsia and TTTS ....so who knows I could have gone further, but I can tell ya honestly I was out of room!
    good luck, and a healthy delivery! [​IMG] p

10. medicinemansgirl

medicinemansgirl Well-Known Member

I'm 5'7 and went into labor naturally at 40 wks. I never had preterm labor and was not even dilated to a 1 before the day they came! None of my single babies have been overly early or late either. #1 came 1 day early, #2 3 days early (due to induction - UGH!), #3 came 3 days early (again another induction due to impatience!) the twins came right at 40 wks, and #6 came 3 days late. I've never made it to 41 wks with any of them and never been earlier than 39 wks 4 days. I guess that's a good thing! LOL!

11. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I had a scheduled c-section at 38 weeks along and I am 5'3½. Apparently I was having contractions and didn't know it though.

12. LoriK

LoriK Well-Known Member

I'm 5'2" & will be induced at 37 wks (tomorrow [​IMG]). I'm dialated to 3cm, I could probably go another week (I haven't had an contrx that I know about) but honestly I don't know how much more they would really grow...it's a tight fit, LOL!

13. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am 5'2 and had them at 28w6d. I heard the same thing.

14. BaaRamEwe

BaaRamEwe Well-Known Member

I'm 5'7" and I was induced at 38 weeks with no signs of them ever coming out on their own.

15. 2kidsplus2

2kidsplus2 Active Member

Hey, thanks for posting this - it's interesting to read. I haven't delivered yet and have a long way to go, but I'm 5'4" and carried my second singleton until 42 wks and was induced - so I'm hoping these gals hang out for awhile!!! (Not only am I short, I'm very short-torsoed - long legs for my height, so I go OUT really far!!!)

--krista

16. Whoa Mama

Whoa Mama Well-Known Member

I'm 5'10" and was induced at 37w2d

I was already dilated to 3cm but had absolutely no PTL or contrax other than Braxton-hicks.

17. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

I am 5'1" and had my girls at 34w6d by c-section. They decided it was time since my water broke that morning. They were also both transverse, their heads on my right side and their feet on my left facing each other. My guess is that gave them more room to grow.

I was not on any bedrest but my OB wanted me to stop commuting into NYC in June, the girls were due in August. I stopped commuting on June 10th and they arrived on July 17.

18. kimr

kimr Well-Known Member

I'm 5'5" and had them at 34 weeks.

19. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I'm 5'3 and my cervix was still closed tight and long when they induced me at 35.3 weeks due to Sierra's IUGR issues. My body was nowhere near ready to have those babies and I could have carried them for a while longer if they hadn't had placenta complications.

20. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

Hi

I am 5'3"3/4 (didn't make 5 '4""). I had mine at 38 weeks and 1 day with a scheduled c-section. I didn't have any contractions, no dilation, and it didn't look like they were looking to leave at all.

21. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

I definately think there is something to the height thing.
    I'm 5'4" and went into labour at 35 1/2 weeks. My belly was from right under my breast to right to my pubic bone. I was jealous of a friend who was pregnant with a singleton and just wore her regular drawsting pants under her belly. If I had done that it would have been obsence! [​IMG]

One was head down heading tucked into my pelvis from fairly early on and the other was transverse on top of her, you could see her head sticking out almost like a third boob on my left side.
    I felt like any minute she was going to coming bursting out through my skin like an alien movie! [​IMG]

22. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

5' and carried to almost 36 wks [​IMG] My sister is 5'9 and carried her twin boys to almost 40 wks!

23. KrazyKat

KrazyKat Well-Known Member

I'm 5'4, and very petit. I had an emergency c-section at 34 weeks due to a combination of complications including an infection. I looked full term at 28 weeks, and just when I thought it couldn't get any bigger! I did pretty good. Baby A was 4 15 and Baby B was 4 5, I really couldn't imagine carrying them to term.

24. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

5'2" had the boys at 36 weeks, but that is when Dr took me off bedrest. Started having contrax at 25 weeks.

25. Inlowtwins

Inlowtwins Well-Known Member

I'm just shy of 5'2" and had my girls at 27 weeks.

26. WEME

WEME Well-Known Member

I'm 5'4 and delivered at 36 weeks 0 days. I had no complications and worked full time the entire time. My girls were healthy and spent no time in NICU.

27. hallewood*n*twins

hallewood*n*twins Well-Known Member

I'm 5'5" and had my boys at 36w 2d. I was HUGE though...55cm at 36w!! [​IMG]

28. osomom

osomom Member

I just finished watching the Natl Geographic In The Womb: Multiples and they made a remark on mother's height making a difference. They basically said that the taller the mother the longer the baby(s) have in gestation because there is more space. They had followed a mother who was nearly 6 feet tall carrying triplets - which they commented was good that she was tall.
    I am 5'3" - so I hope I am one of those who can carry my twins a long time. I am almost to 31 weeks.
    Alex

29. fullhouse30

fullhouse30 Member

I'm 5'10" and I had my identical boys at 33 weeks. They were ready to come. I was so uncomfortable the last week, didn't sleep, backaches, etc, so I can't imagine how it would be to carry twins being any shorter. All of you deserve a gold medal. I was lucky enough to only be on bedrest for one week, my OBGYN said that was due to me being tall. If I was any shorter I could've been on bedrest for a lot longer.

30. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

5'8" and went to 36w5d

31. I'm 5'0 [​IMG]prepregnancy weight 103, so very small framed, gained 60 pounds, no bedrest, or complications, had my boys at 35 weeks, 5#3, and 4#13, no nicu time, they were ready to come. But It was hard for me carring all that extra weight around, my belly was like a torpedo [​IMG]I could no longer go out to eat,as I could not fit behind a booth or table. good luck to you and your pregnancy, see ya on the fist year forum.

32. Mimsy

Mimsy Well-Known Member

I asked my OB this question, as I am only 4'10". He said there is no way to predict when any woman will go into labour. Typical, noncommital answer. I did carry my DD to 41w4d, when I was induced, so I have no history or going early because of my height. IS there any way to make this a poll so it is easier to see the big picture?

33. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by lovelyboys:
    my belly was like a torpedo [​IMG]I could no longer go out to eat,as I could not fit behind a booth or table. .

[​IMG] I remember that! [​IMG]
    That reminds me, I had to stop driving. We have a VW Beetle and the steering wheel doesn't adust, if I had moved the seat back, I would reach the pedels!
    Also at 35.5 weeks when my girls were born they both weighed in over 5 pounds and needed no NICU time. (good thing, becuase there was no NICU!!!)

34. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I am 5'3" and had mine at 38weeks 4 days by scheduled c- section -
    I think that I would still be pregnant if they had not scheduled!!!

35. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

I'm 6' tall and will be 32 weeks on Sunday - amazing it's getting so close - but I've been on bed rest for 8 weeks now due to a shortening cervix

All three of my singletons I worked up until the day I delivered--my first was 4 days late - second was induced around his due date - third was born ON his due date! [​IMG]