your hospital bag and twins hospital bag

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mandywellman, Mar 21, 2010.

1. mandywellman

mandywellman Well-Known Member

I started to pack our bags last night and I dont know what to take..I find myself thinking I need everything! Any sugestions on what to pack for myself and the girls?

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

pack everything you think you'll need and than reduce it by at least 1/2! i took waaaaaay too much with me - in fact, my DH said that if i packed even a 1/4 of what i packed with the girls with our next baby, we're not having one. ;)

remember too that you only really need to pack what you'll want/need during labour & delivery. the rest your partner can bring after the babes are born.

one thing though that i found was essential was lip balm! all that breathing through my mouth dried my lips out.

i'm sure the other gals here will have some more ideas as well.

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Here is a link to a Sticky that is located at the top of the Expecting Forum that has a good list. :good:

I never had time to get a hospital bag together, so I don't think I am much help from personal experience. Good Luck!!

4. Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member

I waaay overpacked for our upcoming delivery, I should probably go through and thin some things out. We're going to show up and the nurses will be worried that we're planning on staying for a month!

And what makes it worse, I've done this before -- albiet not with twins. :ibiggrin:

The link that Kyrstyn posted is very helpful!

5. ShelbyJ

ShelbyJ Well-Known Member

Less is more! The best advice I got prior to having my twins was wear the hospital gown, undies, and use their pads if you are comfortable doing that. Due to the expected bleeding after their delivery, I didn't want to run any of my clothing if I didn't have to. I wore the hospital gowns, throw-away mesh panties, and stocked up on their mega pads. Since I went in early in the morning for my induction, I had on clean, comfy clothes and just wore those home the day we were released.

I agree that the list Kyrstyn posted is a good one.

Congrats!

6. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

Bring food, but hide it in the bottom. I brought granola bars, GOOD chocolate, candies, etc. If you dh finds them he will eat them. Juice boxes. I had a c-section and when I came out they tried to tell me i couldn't eat or drink anything. I've had procedures before and often if you feel like you WANT to eat you will high chance of keeping it down. If you are unsure hold off on food. I was starving and had my stash. If you can find it ... PEAR juice is great. It tastes good and works better than prune juice. Constipation is a HUGE concern with c-sections and vag. Most places give you pain meds but no stool softener. I brought my own -- Colace. (I'm a nurse can you tell ?) hehe I also brought my own pain meds too which I needed with my last daughter.

PHone cards, address book. Change for machines. Soap that is not strong smelling since babies don't like strong smells. Hand santizer. I had a journal I wrote in my birth experience which was good. Make a check list of things to do for example....

1. Buy 2 newspapers the day the twins were born. Plus some grocery flyer for prices of food.

2. GET EVERYONE TO TAKE A PICTURE OF YOU WITH BOTH TWINS, EACH BABY SEPARATE AND FAMILY PHOTO. ASK EVERYONE WHO COMES INTHE ROOM, ASK EVERY NURSE, EVERYONE. The mom is always taking photos but never in them. You in the pictures are the most important thing.

Heather