Your own portable potty chair vs. Folding potty seat for public restrooms

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by littletwinstars, Oct 15, 2007.

1. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

I know it's a little early for us to begin potty training, but was curious what people prefer to use when you are away from home. Do people prefer this type of portable potty or a portable potty seat "cover" for public restrooms? I like the portable potty chair idea for sanitary reasons, but concerned about the inconvenience of traveling all the way back to the car to use it. The potty seat cover sounds great, but was curious how people handle 2 young children in a small bathroom stall without anyone touching anything? Any advice/input is greatly appreciated!

2. **Sandy**

**Sandy** Well-Known Member

We have the potty cover. We have not used it much yet, but I think it is more practical. We plan on having a potty seat in the van for longer trips. (We frequently drive 5 hours to visit my mom.) But for normal outings, we intend to use the potty cover.

3. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

Mods - would you please close this and repost/move this under the Twins (1-5) forum? Thank you!

4. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Neither! We use the potty in the restroom with just a paper seat liner. I don't worry about them touching stuff in the restroom because they wash thoroughly after we use the potty and I'm the one opening the door with a paper towel.

5. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

QUOTE(debid @ Oct 19 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]458115[/snapback]
    Neither! We use the potty in the restroom with just a paper seat liner. I don't worry about them touching stuff in the restroom because they wash thoroughly after we use the potty and I'm the one opening the door with a paper towel.

I just never let mine touch the stuff in the restroom. I stand by them and they hold on to me. They are short, so I lift them up. They simply do not touch anything in the public restroom except the floor with the soles of their shoes. This worked fine for us, and was quicker.

6. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

We had the folding potty seat (I bought a cheap Sesame Street one) but Hannah didn't like to use it. So she just held it most times instead. It took a couple months before she was comfortable on a public toilet.

We also have a cheap little training potty seat in the back of the car. I line it with a plastic baggie and let her use that if we are out at a park or not near a restroom. Then I just throw the baggie away--no clean up necessary!