Your toddlers fav word

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Boni, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

Victoria has been talking for a while now and learns new words almost every day. Some of them can make me cringe when she use them, not because they are bad, but for when she use them. Like when ever someone wants to pick her up or brush her hair she says 'OW", even if its not hurting. She hates being handled by others. Or when we are in public she needs to WEE WEE NOW, onthe top of her voice with major urgency. its so funny, AFTERWARDS.

Athena tells everyone ta-ta and close the door on then when they are still saying their goodbyes. or if she is tired of playing with someone, big or small she opens the door and says ta-ta.

2. Vero

Vero Well-Known Member

Well Madelyn has several words she likes to use however, for the last 2 weeks, her new word to EVERYTHING is "no" and then a smile to follow. <_<

Katelyn loves to say "apple ju" for apple juice. She loves repeating it and when she wants to drink something she'll bring me her sippy cup and say it. But still loves to say it randomly. :ibiggrin:

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Alice likes saying HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and does this stellar wave where her hand goes in circles, reminds me of a fish swimming.

Royce last night said "Whatchoogot" clear as day. Which I realized I say to him all the time. Guess I should cut out the slang language if I expect them to speak properly.

4. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

My boys don't really have a favorite word, but my friend has a little girl the same age and she just learned to say the sh word! We were at lunch with them the other day and she just kept saying it, not yelling or angry, just repeating. It was really funny, I just hope my kids don't pick it up!

5. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

Jack and Lily call their loveys "guys". It is really cute. They run around holding their lovey shouting "guys, guys".
    They have names for all of their friends and they call the two young boys who live next door "the boys".
    They love to say "oh boy!" and "holy moly!".
    Jack pretty much says "no" any chance he can get and Lily is pretty infatuated with "cheese please" and "thank you".

6. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

It's a toss-up between "HIIII-EEEE" and "no." They both really, really like to say no. A lot. :wacko:

7. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

"NO Goal!" As they wave off a goal like the refs do at a hockey game. We spend way too much time at our rink. LOL

8. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

This is my personal favorite, not really the girls favorite... but every time they drop something they yell "man down". My husband inadvertantly taught them to say this because every time they'd drop a spoon or sippy cup during dinner he'd say mutter 'man down' and lean down and pick it up. Now C & P drop things on purpose just to yell "MAN DOWN".

It cracks me up.

9. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

QUOTE(idril @ Feb 6 2009, 03:19 PM) [snapback]1178567[/snapback]
    This is my personal favorite, not really the girls favorite... but every time they drop something they yell "man down". My husband inadvertantly taught them to say this because every time they'd drop a spoon or sippy cup during dinner he'd say mutter 'man down' and lean down and pick it up. Now C & P drop things on purpose just to yell "MAN DOWN".

It cracks me up.

That's really funny!!

10. SnowCraig

SnowCraig Well-Known Member

Right now we are in a stage where they repeat every word they know a million times in a row. It can get rather tiring, but can also be funny. The other day my DS just kept randomly saying word he knows in no particular order and for no reason. It's like he was practicing!

The funniest thing that happened a few days agos was when DS was in the kitchen and I was in the living room wanting him to come to me and get out of the kitchen. I yelled "Parker David Craig" come in here. Well, he picked up on his last name and now he loves to run around the house shouting "CRAIG" at the top of his voice. It cracks me up.

DD's favorite work is "help you" which she says often throughout the day when she needs any sort of assistance. She has such a girly voice and all her words have an 'upspeak' intonation, so it's more like "help YOU."

They both say "thank you" or "thank YOU" all the time.

Jessica

11. Zabeta

Zabeta Well-Known Member

Tom is in a rapid-learning phase right now and his favorite word changes every day. Last week it was 'french fry'; today it's 'easy', which we say to him when he's out of control and about to hurt himself or others, as in "Take it easy, Tom". He likes to practice his newest words right after he wakes up, while he's lying in his crib. The other morning we heard him say, "EEsee, EEsee, EEsee..."

12. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

One night my stepson handed Grace something and said here you go and now anytime both the babies hand you something they will say here you go or there you go. It is so cute. They love to say b ball. That is the word they use for basketball. And recently they have started saying get it when they want something. It is so cute to hear all the new words they say.

13. mandyanna

mandyanna Well-Known Member

My girls also love to say HI EEEE. But they also love my cousins name she is like a sister to me and my girls try to spend at least one day a week with her, they get in trouble and say Ahmee her name is Ami. They even pick up the phone and say Ahmee hi. Cracks me up every time.

14. lareesab

lareesab Well-Known Member

Walker's words right now are "i not" or "overair" (over there) lol. Chandler says "sorry mommy" for everything even if he not in trouble, it's so sweet and funny. They come up with new words every day!! They both said, "I wanna touch the ceiling" yesterday -go figure :) - and I didn't even know they knew that word yet!

15. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

My A.J. likes to use the word "Don't" and then when you reason with him why he has to do something, he responds "oh" plain as day. Benny will toot and just say, "Momma, I fart." It makes me laugh when they say the word fart for some reason.